Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2010, 03:06 PM

2,245 posts, read 4,232,577 times

Advertisements

Other than the two aforementioned businesses, where else can one shop for electronics in the Los Angeles area and view an inventory of reasonable size?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2010, 03:15 PM

26,329 posts, read 93,761,592 times
Not sure....but out of curiosity why not Fry's (unless it is not located conveniently near you)?
Also, out of curiosity, What about online? Here's what I use PriceWatch - Price Comparison Shopping - Computer Hardware, Tech, Gifts and a lot more

Old 03-20-2010, 03:16 PM

3,550 posts, read 6,490,393 times
How about Good Guys?

Old 03-20-2010, 05:36 PM

493 posts, read 1,447,513 times
Not a brick-and-mortar place, but I've had fantastic luck with Newegg.com

Since CompUSA and Circuit City closed their stores, Newegg has seen most of my business. The other online retailer with a great selection of computer, electronics and camera equipment is Amazon.com

with my Newegg Preferred account, I can order an item, say, before lunch on Monday and it will be delivered after lunch the next day; worst case, two days, unless the item has to come from one of their warehouses outside of soCal.

Both Newegg and Amazon offer heavy discounts off retail, and with Amazon, no sales tax and free shipping of any order over $25.

I love Fry's, but the nearest ones are in Anaheim and in San Marcos. Usually we are closest to San Marcos around the holidays, and Fry's is crazier than usual.

Old 03-20-2010, 06:07 PM

26,329 posts, read 93,761,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmlowman View Post
Not a brick-and-mortar place, but I've had fantastic luck with Newegg.com

Since CompUSA and Circuit City closed their stores, Newegg has seen most of my business. The other online retailer with a great selection of computer, electronics and camera equipment is Amazon.com

with my Newegg Preferred account, I can order an item, say, before lunch on Monday and it will be delivered after lunch the next day; worst case, two days, unless the item has to come from one of their warehouses outside of soCal.

Both Newegg and Amazon offer heavy discounts off retail, and with Amazon, no sales tax and free shipping of any order over $25.

I love Fry's, but the nearest ones are in Anaheim and in San Marcos. Usually we are closest to San Marcos around the holidays, and Fry's is crazier than usual.
Use the site I mentioned above, pricewatch, it will sort out the best price factoring shipping.

Also, for cheap to ship stuff, use craigslist. There are ways of searching all the craigslists in the US at once. Manually, do a google advanced search and limit the domain to craigslist.org. I bought a cable modem from a guy in Des Moines that way. Really cheap and easy.

Old 03-20-2010, 06:25 PM
f_m

2,289 posts, read 8,370,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Read Culture of Critique View Post
Other than the two aforementioned businesses, where else can one shop for electronics in the Los Angeles area and view an inventory of reasonable size?
What kind of electronics? For example, for TV's you can go to a larger Sears.

For computers, well, the office supply stores have some selection (you can check their sale ads).

Old 03-20-2010, 06:40 PM

16,806 posts, read 39,945,786 times
There's a Micro Center in Tustin. That's as close as I can get you.

Micro Center Tustin

Old 03-21-2010, 02:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
Not sure....but out of curiosity why not Fry's (unless it is not located conveniently near you)?
Because I'm asking about stores other than Fry's.

Quote:
Also, out of curiosity, What about online?
Because I'm asking about stores in Los Angeles, not online.

Old 03-21-2010, 02:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by f_m View Post
What kind of electronics?
Computer peripherals.

I'm going to try Staples. Thank you. That's all folks.

Old 03-22-2010, 12:30 AM

5,113 posts, read 19,764,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Read Culture of Critique View Post

Because I'm asking about stores in Los Angeles, not online.
Technically Newegg is in Los Angeles(Industry) and they offer local same day delivery now. Mwave is also in Los Angeles(Industry) and they offer will-call pickup. Both have massive inventories
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles