Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2010, 01:26 AM

7,541 posts, read 6,271,551 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottInTheRain View Post
You also might want to contact a local free legal aid service in your area. If you feel that they own you any money for deposit/rent/damage/etc. They would be able to explain to you your legal options if any. I do feel for you, I have been in a similar position in the past.

^^^ this. your best bet is just to get some legal advice about how to deal with this situation, and you may end up getting part of your deposit back.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2014, 11:30 PM

1 posts, read 435 times
I took in a mom and her child, i found out she is a closet drinker, and the room i rented her smells so bad, she knows i am a clean person, she is a slob, slob. and her child is a slob. can i ask her to leave and also, can i enter her room, the one i let her rent from me. ???? she has to go, but i feel so bad she has a child and she promised me she would be clean.??? what should I do.??

Old 05-15-2014, 11:38 PM

4,038 posts, read 4,863,922 times
Did she sign a rental agreement? Is she paying rent in a timely manner?

Old 05-16-2014, 10:15 AM

1,940 posts, read 3,564,559 times
What a nightmare! Was your deposit equal to a month of rent? If it's 200 or less, I'd get out of there after securing another roommate to take your place. Things don't always work out, we learn and grow. This is exactly why I won't get a roommate. I'd rather pay more for a one bedroom and enjoy my peace than split a two bedroom and deal with some unknown funk.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles