Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2012, 08:50 AM

1,112 posts, read 2,586,656 times

Advertisements

In the Mississippi forum, someone suggested that if the Saints were to move to Jackson, MS they wouldn't miss a beat in sales or attendance because there are more than enough Saints fans in Mississippi, AND Louisiana would still support them as well.

Everyone is in disagreement with him. We understand that Mississippi doesn't have the population, or a large enough metro area with the money to support them. I think that if you take the identity of the New Orleans Saints that Louisiana supports them for, then Louisiana people would largely not support them. They would attract another team and support it instead.

This person says our thinking is the reason Mississippi will never get ahead. We aren't progressive thinking. I say it has nothing to do with progressive thinking, and more to do with common sense and realism regarding a Mississippi NFL team. Maybe when Mississippi hits 6 million people it would work, but even Tennessee didn't get an NFL team until 1999 with a population of 6.3 million.

Would you support the Jackson Saints? In your opinion, would a Jackson, MS NFL team work? I say no, but would love to clear this matter up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2012, 09:36 AM

16,508 posts, read 26,349,636 times
I wouldn't support the Jackson Saints for crap. They are the New Orleans Saints and that will never change. I have a feeling no New Orleanians would support them and do a good job of it as protest.

I replied just now in that thread to the fool.

No, it wouldn't work this decade.

Old 01-30-2012, 03:40 PM

1,837 posts, read 4,358,310 times
I wouldn't say NO New Orleanian would support them , but obviously they would be few and far between . I would have no loyalty to them at all myself . Where did this hair brained idea come from ? Mississippi doesn't have the money to lure Benson away from N.O.

Old 01-30-2012, 03:52 PM

1,554 posts, read 3,038,897 times
The Saints are lucky to have a regional fan base, and we are so happy for what all you folks from other parts of the Gulf South do for us. But they're staying in New Orleans. And if they don't, they've lost my support for one.

Old 01-30-2012, 03:55 PM

1,112 posts, read 2,586,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhounit View Post
Where did this hair brained idea come from ?
From a poster who moved away from Mississippi, now blames the fact that Mississippi has no NFL team on the people of Mississippi "not wanting one because we don't want progress".

I would love to have an NFL team, but I know Mississippi could not support it. Not enough population or money. He says it could, and if the New Orleans Saints were to move to Jackson they wouldn't miss a beat, and would still have New Orleans and Louisiana behind them.

Old 01-30-2012, 05:31 PM

1,837 posts, read 4,358,310 times
Eh , let him think what he wants . He has a right to be a fool .

Old 01-31-2012, 11:23 AM

2,057 posts, read 5,331,499 times
Mississippi should aim for a MLB or NBA team instead.
an NFL team is VERY difficult to acquire, not to mention the regional fanbase for it already supports a team with a lot of history and now one SB win. the Saints are never leaving NOLA. I doubt people would support "Jackson Saints" and I think such a thought is a travesty to be honest.

Old 01-31-2012, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Innotech View Post
Mississippi should aim for a MLB or NBA team instead.
an NFL team is VERY difficult to acquire, not to mention the regional fanbase for it already supports a team with a lot of history and now one SB win. the Saints are never leaving NOLA. I doubt people would support "Jackson Saints" and I think such a thought is a travesty to be honest.
You should see his logic about the idea. MLB and NBA teams are hard for attendance because of the immense amount of home games. There are far too many safer cities to try like San Antonio, Charlotte, Birmingham, Portland, Buffalo, hell Baton Rouge has a better chance than Jackson.

Old 01-31-2012, 12:29 PM

5,003 posts, read 9,176,337 times
The saints is a Gulf Coast team and was introduced to New Orleans because of the support of not only the state of Louisiana but the Gulf Coast played a big role in it as well...And to remove the Saints from New Orleans would be tragic.The Saints would lose it`s Louisiana and the Gulf Coast fan base.

I Hope I live to see the day that Alabama get a pro football team ! I think we have the ingrediants to support one.

Old 01-31-2012, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PortCity View Post
The saints is a Gulf Coast team and was introduced to New Orleans because of the support of not only the state of Louisiana but the Gulf Coast played a big role in it as well...And to remove the Saints from New Orleans would be tragic.The Saints would lose it`s Louisiana and the Gulf Coast fan base.

I Hope I live to see the day that Alabama get a pro football team ! I think we have the ingrediants to support one.
Once we get out of the recession, I could see the 5 leauges (MFL, NBA, MLB, MLS, and NHL) expanding into a few new markets each.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana