Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2007, 09:19 AM

45 posts, read 194,691 times

Advertisements

There is nowhere to live really in between Lafayette and Baton Rouge... Breaux Bridge was mentioned and it's a cute Cajun small town nearer to Lafayette but you'd really need to send your kids to school (private) in Lafayette. Lafayette itself is a great city for families, lots to do, and there are some good public schools (you just have to live in the right area). Woodvale, I think, is the best elementary school. There is also a good choice of private or Catholic schools. If you choose to live near Baton Rouge, St. Francisville is a good option and the schools are great. It's a drive from Lafayette though and no matter where you are you'll have to contend with traffic... both Lafayette and Baton Rouge are notorious! Good luck!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2007, 02:23 PM
Caa

940 posts, read 2,490,118 times
Seriously, where in the worls is there not any(horrible) traffic???

Old 11-16-2007, 06:40 AM

45 posts, read 194,691 times
places I've lived where the traffic was not horrible:

any big city where you live IN the city: London, Paris, San Francisco
also smaller cities like Kansas City MO and New Orleans (no traffic unless you live out in the 'burbs and have to drive everywhere)
Vermont

These are just places I've lived where the traffic isn't terrible... Lafayette and BR are TERRIBLE! (multiple reasons: lack of city planning and foresight, everyone drives and doesn't use public transport, small scale cities that have the 'strip mall spread' problem)

Old 03-03-2008, 02:38 PM

7 posts, read 22,910 times
Hello. I have in both cities for many years and strongly recommend Lafayette over Baton Rouge for many reasons. Crime, schools, traffic etc are all much worse in Baton Rouge. Lafayette;s Mardi Gras is a lot of fun and there are always festivals to attend. We just sold our home there off Ambassador Caffery Parkway and moved out of state but we do still miss good old Lafayette!

Old 05-25-2008, 10:26 AM

4 posts, read 11,831 times
Where in the world are all these indoor parks I keep hearing about? Can you please let me know?

Old 05-25-2008, 12:51 PM

1,734 posts, read 5,688,823 times
darlywi is right, unless you want to live in Butte LaRose or Grosse Tete you'll have to take your pick between either the Baton Rouge Area or the Lafayette area. Based on your criteria I would recommend Lafayette because it has lower crime and better public schools. But if you do decide you want private schools there are plenty to chose from in both cities.

Old 05-27-2008, 08:12 AM

2 posts, read 4,990 times
we moved to lafayette about a year ago and we really like it over here. The people are so nice and there are many things to do. They always have something going on. I live in the broussard area and I like it a lot. We live close to the library, albertsons,walgreens, CVS, home depot and soon walmart. It's a very quiet area and the neighbors are really nice. Unfortunately, we are movin soon to Houston for husbands job.Moderator cut: edit I like Baton rouge as well, its bigger than Lafayette. and the weather (even though is humid) is really nice pretty much all year. Im going to miss this place Hope you ll like it like we did.

Last edited by Sam I Am; 05-27-2008 at 11:10 AM.. Reason: sorry, no advertising in state forums
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana