Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-07-2009, 11:21 AM

8 posts, read 34,444 times

Advertisements

My family and I are moving to the West Monroe area from Idaho Falls. I have two children age 13 and 6. My son plays hockey and football. Are there any youth hockey teams in the area? Also, I was looking on Craig's List for a house to rent, but there aren't many houses in West Monroe. What is the best way to find rent houses in the West Monroe area? Also, what is the best part of town to live in? What are the surrounding towns like? Are they better to live in than West Monroe? Thank you for your help. Any other suggestions would be wonderful help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2009, 06:05 PM

806 posts, read 2,962,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by traveler4321 View Post
Are there any youth hockey teams in the area? what is the best part of town to live in? What are the surrounding towns like? Are they better to live in than West Monroe?
No youth hockey teams in the area. Football is really big everywhere, however.

Best part of town? Not in West Monroe. But if you decide to live in West Monroe (puke) instead of Monroe.. Many new suburbs are being built to the north and west part of town. Avoid Bawcomville at any cost.

Of course, I'd suggest Sterlington, Swartz, North Monroe, Town and Country. Its all about the school you want. Does your child fancy at the idea of West Monroe athletics, some of the best in state? Or do you like the better quality private schools, like River Oaks and OCS? Sterlington/Ouachita High School are nice as well.

Old 04-08-2009, 08:22 PM

763 posts, read 2,663,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSU Tiger Z71 View Post
No youth hockey teams in the area. Football is really big everywhere, however.

Best part of town? Not in West Monroe. But if you decide to live in West Monroe (puke) instead of Monroe.. Many new suburbs are being built to the north and west part of town. Avoid Bawcomville at any cost.

Of course, I'd suggest Sterlington, Swartz, North Monroe, Town and Country. Its all about the school you want. Does your child fancy at the idea of West Monroe athletics, some of the best in state? Or do you like the better quality private schools, like River Oaks and OCS? Sterlington/Ouachita High School are nice as well.
West Monroe is not bad at all and they got one heck of a football team every year. They just can't seem to beat Evangel (puke).

Old 04-13-2009, 08:42 AM

749 posts, read 1,790,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by traveler4321 View Post
My family and I are moving to the West Monroe area from Idaho Falls. I have two children age 13 and 6. My son plays hockey and football. Are there any youth hockey teams in the area? Also, I was looking on Craig's List for a house to rent, but there aren't many houses in West Monroe. What is the best way to find rent houses in the West Monroe area? Also, what is the best part of town to live in? What are the surrounding towns like? Are they better to live in than West Monroe? Thank you for your help. Any other suggestions would be wonderful help.
Stick to West Monroe. I can't help with renting issues but as far as surrounding towns; you don't want to consider Monroe.

Old 04-13-2009, 04:33 PM

806 posts, read 2,962,330 times
You don't want to consider South Monroe, below Louisville St., big difference.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana