Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area
 [Register]
Louisville area Jefferson County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2012, 03:42 PM

11 posts, read 25,064 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone.
Just found this place in a google search, see there's been some other threads along the same line.

My problem, neighbor who can't seem to abide and keep her junk off my property. Been going on ten years now, first it was logs 10 feet into my property which required a second survey to prove where the line was; first survey was done when we purchased the property but "someone" pulled up the markers.

Ok, logs moved, our chain link fence moved to the line and did some landscaping where I put landscaping timbers down the property line right to the 1/8" to keep her off.

You think that would stop her?
Now I have landscaping brick sitting on top of my landscaping timbers and I can't get the cops to do anything. I'm in the county not in city limits and the sheriff's Dept says they can't get involved in property disputes. Planning and zoning says the same thing.

Any idea's short of going to court which is what I'm told by the cops?

I should be able to move anything on my own property no?

Along with her brick I have screen wire she's jammed down between the brick, inside closet shelving standing up and just anything for an eye sore.
No home owners association either
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2012, 06:15 AM

165 posts, read 309,834 times
How can anything be over the line if your chain link fence is on the line?

Old 01-10-2012, 06:54 AM

15,700 posts, read 17,049,849 times
I would go out there and throw all of her stuff back onto her property.....as many times as needed.

Old 01-10-2012, 09:40 AM

242 posts, read 402,858 times
If the property is truly an eyesore then IPL (inspections permits and licensing) department of metro government may be able to help. They probably can't help with the actual property line issue but they should be able to help with the junk/eyesore issue. Give them a call and see what they have to say.

Also you probably need to discuss this with a lawyer (the initial consultations are free) to see what he would have to say.

Old 01-10-2012, 10:24 AM

11,087 posts, read 17,545,902 times
I'd be tempted to have a bonfire, with the neighbor's stuff as kindling. But, if you've let her get by with it for 10 years now, doubt if there's anything that will stop her now.

Old 01-10-2012, 01:38 PM

Hey guys, thanks for all the replies and I'll try to answer each in the order they were posted.

Orgetorix, the chainlink fence is 4" off the line as we were advised to do at the time when we moved the fence to the property line; this was 2007, we later learned we could have put it right on the line but that worked out for the better. I put landscaping timbers down on the outside of the fence when I did my landscaping and (I'm a woodworker) so I put a 1/4" grove down the center of the landscaping timber to accomidate a sheet of plywood in the groove.

Ok, since 2007 I started honeysuckles on the fence for privacy and she was going down the fence cutting the vines plus burning the leaves up against my fence to kill the honeysuckles so I put the plywood up in the fall of 2010

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...1&l=6e26d1726b

So, that took care of the backyard

Annie53, the front is now where I'm having the issue and I did just what you sugested Sunday. Guess who show's up this morning?

Warren Co. Sheriff's
She called the cops and I thought the camera's she had were fake; I guess not as she caught me on video moving her bricks off my property. Cop said I cannot move it not even the chicken wire?

Who's paying property tax here? JEZZZZZ

Msradell, no IPL here and I have seriously thought about a lawyer as now I'm being told by the cops they can't get involved but out of the same breathe he can tell be I can't move the crap off me?

kygman, bondfire won't burn rocks and will leave too much evidence

Old 01-10-2012, 01:56 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,049,849 times
Your first mistake was not calling the cops or getting an attorney when she cut those honeysuckle vines off your fence in 2007. Who in the hell does she think she is?

That cop was wrong. That 4" is YOUR property, not hers.

LOL at the cop saying he can't get involved while he IS getting invoved.

It is a shame that you are going to have to spend the money on an attorney, but it looks like that is what you are going to have to do.

What a witch.

Old 01-10-2012, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Your first mistake was not calling the cops or getting an attorney when she cut those honeysuckle vines off your fence in 2007. Who in the hell does she think she is?

That cop was wrong. That 4" is YOUR property, not hers.

LOL at the cop saying he can't get involved while he IS getting invoved.

It is a shame that you are going to have to spend the money on an attorney, but it looks like that is what you are going to have to do.

What a witch.
I've called the cops, and Planning & Zoning for her theatrics to no avail. Neither will do anything and says its in the county and its legal?

Now the cop telling me I can't move the blocks, getting involved and telling me he can't get involved is just two faced and taking sides.

By the way I haven't mentioned she's 74 and she tells everyone she's a retired FBI Agent. OH, she went for gun lessons after she retired, LMAO!!!!

Old 01-10-2012, 03:05 PM

242 posts, read 402,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirk1701â„¢ View Post
Msradell, no IPL here and I have seriously thought about a lawyer as now I'm being told by the cops they can't get involved but out of the same breathe he can tell be I can't move the crap off me?
Well since this was posted in the Louisville forums and you didn't state your location, I assumed you were in the Louisville area and that is who would handle it here.

Maybe a little roundup on her landscaping would get her attention?

Old 01-10-2012, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Msradell View Post
Well since this was posted in the Louisville forums and you didn't state your location, I assumed you were in the Louisville area and that is who would handle it here.

Maybe a little roundup on her landscaping would get her attention?
Yea, I understand but only two forums, louisville or lexington to choose from so I picked the closest.

No round-up, I get blamed for killing enough of her stuff without touching it while she's killing moles pouring gas in the runs??

The lady is a true nutcase
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area