Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area
 [Register]
Louisville area Jefferson County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-30-2012, 05:49 PM

10 posts, read 14,963 times

Advertisements

Hey Everyone!

I will be moving to Louisville soon for my job and just have some questions for you experts living in Louisville!
I have looked at the apartments (only online) called Oxmoor apartments near the Oxmoor mall and St. Matthews area. They are pretty expensive, but I was a nice, crime free, and clean place to live. Does anyone have experience with these apts or this area?
Also, it is about 20 miles from my work, so I want to make sure I am making right decision by choosing this area! dont want to be stuck so far from work if its not even worth it. I do not mind spending the extra money if I can live in a nice area. can anyone give me any suggestions? Do you think this area is safe, and good for a old husband and wife (no kids)?

Your help is greatly appreciated!!
Thank you all!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2012, 06:19 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,758,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movingtoKY View Post
Hey Everyone!

I will be moving to Louisville soon for my job and just have some questions for you experts living in Louisville!
I have looked at the apartments (only online) called Oxmoor apartments near the Oxmoor mall and St. Matthews area. They are pretty expensive, but I was a nice, crime free, and clean place to live. Does anyone have experience with these apts or this area?
Also, it is about 20 miles from my work, so I want to make sure I am making right decision by choosing this area! dont want to be stuck so far from work if its not even worth it. I do not mind spending the extra money if I can live in a nice area. can anyone give me any suggestions? Do you think this area is safe, and good for a old husband and wife (no kids)?

Your help is greatly appreciated!!
Thank you all!!
If we could get an idea of the neighborhood you will be working in, we may be able to suggest something closer that fits your requirements.

About that area. I live on the other side of the Watterson near Mall St. Matthews and the area is fine and clean.

Old 03-30-2012, 07:41 PM

Hey thanks for the reply! I actually own businesses. one of them is in Mount washinton, the other is by riverside Gardens and St. dennis. To be honest, I have NO idea where ANYTHING is, everything I know is based off mapquest haha!
Do you think it would be too congested and busy to live near the Oxmoor and St. Mathews Mall?

Old 03-30-2012, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Hey thanks for the reply! I actually own businesses. one of them is in Mount washinton, the other is by riverside Gardens and St. dennis. To be honest, I have NO idea where ANYTHING is, everything I know is based off mapquest haha!
Do you think it would be too congested and busy to live near the Oxmoor and St. Mathews Mall?
I do find the congestion to be a problem on weekdays and mind you I'm from DC and we know traffic.

Now this is a toughie. I would go with some complexes off of Hurstbourne Pkwy S of I-64 or Jeffersontown. Both are nice areas that are kinda a decent location to commute to both of those areas.

Old 03-30-2012, 10:57 PM

Awesome! Have you heard to Overlook, Hursborough, Plainwoods, or Willow Apartments? I think they are near that area? I checked online and they are all very close to oxmoor mall, so I am assuming the type of area would be the same.

Old 03-31-2012, 07:57 AM

1,216 posts, read 1,911,098 times
what are you looking for in a neighborhood?

Old 03-31-2012, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kytoaz View Post
what are you looking for in a neighborhood?
Basically, all I want is somewhere safe. Somwhere that is clean too. Is it very "ghetto" or a lot of people on teh streets in that area? Someplace where it is not scary at night.
Also convenience to grocery stores and malls is good too.

That is why I have been looking at Oxmoor Apts, Plainview Apts, Hurstsbourne Grant Apts, and The willows apts. They are all pretty close to each other (all atleast within 10 minutes of Oxmoor mall area)
Any suggestions on these areas?

Old 03-31-2012, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Basically, all I want is somewhere safe. Somwhere that is clean too. Is it very "ghetto" or a lot of people on teh streets in that area? Someplace where it is not scary at night.
Also convenience to grocery stores and malls is good too.

That is why I have been looking at Oxmoor Apts, Plainview Apts, Hurstsbourne Grant Apts, and The willows apts. They are all pretty close to each other (all atleast within 10 minutes of Oxmoor mall area)
Any suggestions on these areas?
Out of that selection; I'd do Hurstbourne Grant. You are a little more away from the congestion around the malls. Also you can take the Hurstbourne Pkwy South to 31 E which will take you into Mt. Washington. For St Dennis you can go Shelbyville Rd West to Watterson West which will take you around to St. Dennis.

Old 04-06-2012, 11:34 AM

22 posts, read 31,658 times
There is another apartment 'MALLARD CROSSINGS'. Their apartments with remodeled kitchen are really nice. The complex is safe too. Its pretty close to St Mattews/Oxmoor malls. But the traffic on Shelbyville Rd in St Mattews is a bit heavy at times. Other nice apartment in the area is Hurstbourne Grand.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area