Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area
 [Register]
Louisville area Jefferson County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-07-2012, 09:34 AM

28 posts, read 53,994 times

Advertisements

Good morning. I am considering moving to Louisville from a smaller town in KY. I wanted some input regarding some subdivisions around the area that you would recommend. I have 2 young children and I'd prefer one with lots of young families, and also a nearby park. Budget up to $650k. My job would be off of 264 so I expect most areas would not be too far out of the way. Also, any input regarding private Christian schools would be appreciated as moving closer to the school would be ideal. Your pros and cons of Louisville are also welcomed. Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2012, 05:21 PM

242 posts, read 402,930 times
Christian academy is the largest and one of the best respected in the area. It's located off of US60 near I-265. As far as subdivisions in that area there are several that would probably meet your needs. They would be Polo Fields and Lake Forest, they both have golf courses and community pools. Valhalla golf courses also out that way. There are many other nice smaller subdivisions and actually the city of Anchorage KY is also quite close and is very historic with lovely homes. The Anchorage school may also be something else for you to consider depending on the age of your children, it's a public/private school only open to children to live in anchorage. It goes up to grade 8.

That's out of town also has several nice parks already in a huge new 1 is presently under development part of which is already open.

Old 05-07-2012, 06:43 PM

4,826 posts, read 14,315,331 times
I would look at Heritage Hills in Oldham County. Great public schools, 400k will buy a great home, and 15 minutes to I-264 at I-71 (I-264 is a 30 mile loop so you can add 10-15 minutes to Dixie Hwy)

I know most of Kentucky, which county are you coming from? Why do I need to know? So I can relate what you are coming from to where you are going.

If I am living inside of Jefferson County, budget to send your children to parochial/private schools. Not that JCPS is so bad, but your risks of a bad school are higher.

Old 05-08-2012, 07:40 PM

28 posts, read 53,994 times
I would definitely consider moving to Oldham Co for a larger lot. I know there are good public schools there, but my wife and I plan to send our kids to a Christian school. We are currently in Bowling Green and like it but I have a better job offer in Louisville. We like newer construction and would even considering building a home. Thanks for the responses.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area