Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area
 [Register]
Louisville area Jefferson County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-19-2014, 02:52 PM

45 posts, read 79,994 times

Advertisements

Are there certain areas or streets that are known speed traps? I am on a small scooter so I don't think it will be an issue in my case since I just can't go fast, but its always good to know the city... good and bad.

And what is the reputation of the police force in general?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2014, 03:32 PM

21 posts, read 28,353 times
In in all the time I spent there I was pulled over 3 times always on the expressway 264. They are always in the same areas entering the center part of the city. If you see a car parked on the left side of the passing lane slow down its probably the police. I have several friends who are Metro Louisville police and they told me off the record they will profile certain cars. I used to drive an Impala and now a Charger. If you have these types of cars with tinted windows you will get pulled over more. If you have a BMW or Benz with tinted windows your good. I wouldn't worry with a scooter because unless you completely break traffic laws in front the police you shouldn't have problems.

Old 05-19-2014, 06:23 PM

Thanks baronsbrown. Not the tinted window type anyway. And I can't ride on the expressway so I guess I'm good.

Old 05-20-2014, 05:51 AM

165 posts, read 310,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baronsbrown View Post
unless you completely break traffic laws in front the police you shouldn't have problems.
Ha! That's a good one. I've seen multiple people blatantly run red lights right in front of police cruisers, and nothing happend. Enforcement is a joke in this town.

Old 05-20-2014, 06:25 AM

why do you think that is?

Old 05-20-2014, 01:33 PM

21 posts, read 28,353 times
Here what some on my Metro friends tell me off record of course. The undercover cars on the highways job is to write tickets so that's what they do. Most of my friends are beat cops who focus on fighting crimes and don't want to waste time on traffic violations.

Old 05-20-2014, 04:18 PM

3,463 posts, read 5,665,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blisstone View Post
Are there certain areas or streets that are known speed traps? I am on a small scooter so I don't think it will be an issue in my case since I just can't go fast, but its always good to know the city... good and bad.

And what is the reputation of the police force in general?

I have a small 50cc scooter and got pulled on Lexington for going around the corner faster than 25.
Never mind cars were passing me, he pulled me instead. I think he was seeing if I was a DUI case or something. But, I wish there were speed traps in Louisville. Ive never seen cops radaring anywhere except the time I got pulled in Lexington. Im all for it, anything to slow cars down, they are insane up here

Old 05-20-2014, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orgetorix View Post
Ha! That's a good one. I've seen multiple people blatantly run red lights right in front of police cruisers, and nothing happend. Enforcement is a joke in this town.
Definitely.

Bellarmine kids tear up certain parts of the highlands up. drink, fight, smash glass everywhere, knock over anything that isnt bolted down, etc . . . They have totally trashed property values on some blocks, at this point in time. If this was the West End, people would be outraged and say all kinds of racist stuff about the people doing it, but because the people doing it here are rich white kids and attending a private catholic college, its just the "college experience". We cant get police up here no matter what we say or do.

Old 05-23-2014, 11:54 AM

9,511 posts, read 9,100,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkat59 View Post
I have a small 50cc scooter and got pulled on Lexington for going around the corner faster than 25.
Never mind cars were passing me, he pulled me instead. I think he was seeing if I was a DUI case or something. But, I wish there were speed traps in Louisville. Ive never seen cops radaring anywhere except the time I got pulled in Lexington. Im all for it, anything to slow cars down, they are insane up here
When you corner a scooter at 25mph, doesn't the kickstand scrape the ground?

Old 05-23-2014, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsonkk View Post
When you corner a scooter at 25mph, doesn't the kickstand scrape the ground?
Nah, not at all. I can drag the stand on the big 400, but with the little 50, if the stand is dragging, you've fallen over
He dinged me at 41mph BTW
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area