Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area
 [Register]
Louisville area Jefferson County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2015, 05:46 AM

11,974 posts, read 25,476,450 times

Advertisements

As a state North Carolina has more than twice as many people as Kentucky and more than twice as major conference teams. When you look at tradition UK leads the 5 Elite level teams (UK, UCLA, UNC, Duke, Kansas) in all time NCAA tourney wins at 116, U of L is the gatekeeper of the 1B or level 2 group (Louisville, Syracuse, Michigan State, Indiana, Connecticut) with 72 tourney wins. Those number are as of last season. Anyways, NC has a lot more total teams and two Elite level teams to KY's 1, but U of L is significantly better than than NC teams not named Duke or UNC.

The most similar comparison to KY college basketball is Alabama football. They have probably the most elite of the elite teams and a second team that is still top 10 in all time tradition.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2015, 07:33 AM

1,394 posts, read 2,247,887 times
My mom just got back from a 2 week visit to Kentucky to see my family this morning. She was there for the KY vs. Norte Dame game the other day...

Old 03-30-2015, 08:24 AM

2,823 posts, read 4,493,664 times
The future looks great for North Carolina teams, though. Plus, Kentucky won four championships before 1960, this is going way back! Duke has won their four since 1990, and with the direction Coach K is heading, Duke will definitely win more before he retires. The man is the NCAA Division 1 leader in wins! Roy Williams has two under his belt over at Chapel Hill since 2003, and the future isn't looking too shabby for him, either. Even Mark Gottfried over at NC State, they actually made the Sweet 16! Only Wake Forest needs to pick up the pace. UNC, Duke, and NC State have 11 championships in total, same story for Kentucky and Louisville. They're both strong, but North Carolina has really taken the throne. ACC!!! (Oh, and I hate how Notre Dame and Louisville are being included in the ACC, they should drop and Maryland should come back).

Old 04-01-2015, 02:01 AM

14,775 posts, read 8,109,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayJayCB View Post
The future looks great for North Carolina teams, though. Plus, Kentucky won four championships before 1960, this is going way back! Duke has won their four since 1990, and with the direction Coach K is heading, Duke will definitely win more before he retires. The man is the NCAA Division 1 leader in wins! Roy Williams has two under his belt over at Chapel Hill since 2003, and the future isn't looking too shabby for him, either. Even Mark Gottfried over at NC State, they actually made the Sweet 16! Only Wake Forest needs to pick up the pace. UNC, Duke, and NC State have 11 championships in total, same story for Kentucky and Louisville. They're both strong, but North Carolina has really taken the throne. ACC!!! (Oh, and I hate how Notre Dame and Louisville are being included in the ACC, they should drop and Maryland should come back).
To be honest I don't really hate North Carolina - I like Roy Williams. I am not a Duke fan!
But if you think that Kentucky and Louisville will slip under, with Pitino and Cal at the helms, I think you are sadly mistaken....All this whining from Notre Dame is getting on my nerves...that Cal was mean to them, because he wouldn't say they were the hardest team he's played this year, and for him saying it was an off night for the Wildcats. What poor sports!

I thought it was kinda weird Louisville and Notre Dame going over to the ACC, to be honest...I mean they aren't exactly actually on the Atlantic Coast, where Maryland is.

Old 04-01-2015, 11:34 AM

1,394 posts, read 2,247,887 times
In Kentucky one of my cousins, she's a die-hard UK fan and her husband who's from Middlesboro Kentucky originally....he's a die hard Duke fan......of the rivalry! I love to watch them spat and make fun of each others teams on Facebook all the time.

When I skyped last week with mom while she was in Kentucky, she was visiting my granny's house and EVERYONE was there. So they passed the ipad to everyone and I got to chat with each family member for about 5 10 minutes. As soon as I mentioned that my Arg wife was leaning towards becoming a UofL fan...they place turned into an uproar! All of them super diehard UK fans except for 2 Uncles I have.....it started a fight between all of them there....funny to watch.

Old 04-06-2015, 09:42 PM

2,823 posts, read 4,493,664 times
DUKE!

Very sorry, I'm going to be that one North Carolinian....

Old 04-07-2015, 09:15 PM

9,510 posts, read 9,087,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayJayCB View Post
DUKE!

Very sorry, I'm going to be that one North Carolinian....
Another person that didn't read the article.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area