Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area
 [Register]
Louisville area Jefferson County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2016, 02:49 PM

9 posts, read 10,070 times

Advertisements

so i have been here in lou as a transplant from lexington for 1 year now and haven't met any like minded people to hang out with other than those i work with. I'm a professional AA female, single, just turned 30 and am looking to date (if i can ever get off work). Where are the younger, upscale crowd stomping grounds?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2016, 04:07 PM

7,070 posts, read 16,753,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bldavi2 View Post
so i have been here in lou as a transplant from lexington for 1 year now and haven't met any like minded people to hang out with other than those i work with. I'm a professional AA female, single, just turned 30 and am looking to date (if i can ever get off work). Where are the younger, upscale crowd stomping grounds?
8 up, and L2 lounge for bars. Drakes can be good if you like upscale AA crowd.

That said, I would join a group, club. church, meetup.com, etc. There's certainly twice as much going on in Louisville than Lexington.

www.do502.com. Attend festivals on the weekend. Do city and history tours. For example, next weekend is Nulufest and the weekend after is the St James Art Fair. Try getting into the theatre crowd. This isn't Atlanta (arguably the best city for AA professionals), but Louisville also has advantages over ATL too (less traffic, less crime, cheaper, etc).

Old 09-20-2016, 02:22 AM

let me note that i do not limit myself to the AA community. thanks in advance.

Old 09-20-2016, 11:37 AM

Quote:
let me note that i do not limit myself to the AA community. thanks in advance.
Ok well there are tons of options. Lots of professionals of all types hang in St Matthews. Tin Roof, Molly Malones, gerstles, drakes.

I'd say Butchertown has become somewhat of the grown up and "sexy" crowd. That would include the bar above Butchertown Grocery, Louis the Ton, and of course the gay dance club Play where a lot of straight professional females go to dance.

In Crescent Hill Hub has become very professional crowd and has a good DJ

Downtown, 8 up and Meta are good. Taj, Garage, and Galaxie are very professional spots in Nulu

In the Highlands, try NoWhere Bar or Hopcat.

Old 09-21-2016, 07:22 AM

236 posts, read 319,497 times
Keep trying. Social circles in Louisville can at times be insular and tough to break into but once you do you'll basically be family.

Old 09-21-2016, 11:49 AM

thanks!

Old 09-21-2016, 01:09 PM

671 posts, read 854,914 times
Quote:
May I ask why you don't use upper case letters?

Old 09-21-2016, 09:39 PM
eok

6,684 posts, read 4,254,809 times
Quote:
younger, upscale crowd stomping grounds?
Quote:
Originally Posted by manhattangirl View Post
May I ask why you don't use upper case letters?
She actually uses a lot of upper case letters. But perhaps some of them were stomped into lower case in the "younger, upscale crowd stomping grounds".

Old 09-26-2016, 08:35 PM

1,012 posts, read 1,120,895 times
How active is Meetup.com or EventBrite.com in Luavul?

Old 09-26-2016, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashfearless View Post
How active is Meetup.com or EventBrite.com in Luavul?
very active especially meetup. every kind of group you can imagine
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area