Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area
 [Register]
Louisville area Jefferson County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-13-2008, 11:19 AM

109 posts, read 451,841 times

Advertisements

I was wondering if anyone knows or has first hand knowledge of the greenbelt and the park systems that are supposed to be taking place, if they were just in the thought process or if they are really going forward with this. I have read about it, but I don't know what has actually developed, or what hasn't in those plans.

Also, I don't know how in a lifetime I would get my fill of the architecture there in Louisville, I mean when I drive thru there I am surprised I don't hit someone. Very hard to keep your eyes on the road if you are into housing with architecture and victorian mansions...lol.

Now, down to business.....for some reason I have noticed that areas of Bardstown are a little cheaper than in town, which is a cute little area. But, I think may be a little more rural than I would like, so I am thinking of maybe going another direction. I am hoping you guys could help.

I would be wanting to find a fixer upper, maybe one bedroom in a quiet safe neighborhood for possibly under $100,000? close to some exciting things.....meaning coffee shops, bookstores, greenways, or parks. I know off bardstown road seems like the ticket but that area is so busy. Where would I look for a location as I described in the area? I am assuming I would end up on the edge of town? Do you, or can anyone give me some zipcodes of areas I can plug into realtor.com to look at some homes I may be able to afford?

I am alone and really need something safe, I love to walk at night as well as during the day. I don't wander very far but to be able to walk to a store during the day or night would be awesome. Can anyone help me with areas I can hone in on? I appreciate it

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area
View detailed profiles of: