Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area
 [Register]
Louisville area Jefferson County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2010, 03:00 PM

80 posts, read 198,947 times

Advertisements

I heard the air show wasn't that great like they have cut back alot. Anyone know about that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2010, 03:04 PM

2,368 posts, read 5,111,517 times
I went for my first time, it was a lot of fun! I had a good time hanging out with people, eating funnel cakes, and patronizing local restaurants :P Louisville has surprised me with some of its food options, but the traffic solutions were horrid.

Old 04-18-2010, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKUKUK View Post
I went for my first time, it was a lot of fun! I had a good time hanging out with people, eating funnel cakes, and patronizing local restaurants :P Louisville has surprised me with some of its food options, but the traffic solutions were horrid.
Yeah dude the traffic is pretty bad during thunder, glad you enjoyed your first time though. I'm stuck in VA and I've been wanting some of my friends here to come with me and get the Louisville experience.

Old 04-18-2010, 07:56 PM

666 posts, read 2,540,755 times
I went and stayed at a hotel downtown, and that is truly the way to go. No traffic and you don't have to wait in line for the "Thunderpots". The best thing to do if you don't want to wait for traffic afterwards is go down to 4th Street Live and have a couple drinks and get something to eat to kill a couple hours until traffic dies down. All in all, I thought Thunder was good this year, they had a computer malfunction that delayed it by a few minutes and it was a little chilly when it got dark, but it was a lot of fun!

Old 04-18-2010, 08:05 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,794,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by koopi5 View Post
Yeah dude the traffic is pretty bad during thunder, glad you enjoyed your first time though. I'm stuck in VA and I've been wanting some of my friends here to come with me and get the Louisville experience.
Well I'm stuck in VA also (in Northern VA, though I was raised not far from VA Beach) and seeing the fireworks show makes me more excited to get to KY. Louisville is a well kept secret and Thunder Over Louisville affirms that.

Old 04-18-2010, 08:24 PM

I like Louisville, but I wouldn't take it over Lexington... It's so hard to navigate and I feel much more uncomfortable in some areas there than I do than even the "bad" parts of Detroit.

Also... Cardinals... PSH.

Old 04-18-2010, 09:56 PM

666 posts, read 2,540,755 times
Quote:
I like Louisville, but I wouldn't take it over Lexington... It's so hard to navigate and I feel much more uncomfortable in some areas there than I do than even the "bad" parts of Detroit.

Also... Cardinals... PSH.
Everyone I talk to from Lexington says it is hard to navigate, but every city you are not familiar with is. The first few times I was in Lexington I was getting lost all the time. I actually still think Lexington is more difficult to get around in than Louisville. Maybe you just aren't used to being able to access interstates in order to get around town

Old 04-18-2010, 10:27 PM

Lexington is extremely easy to navigate if you know the directions and names of the surrounding communities.

Nicholasville Rd. goes southwest to Nicholasville, Tates Creek runs through Tates Creek south, Richmond runs SE to Richmond, Winchester Rd. runs E to Winchester, etc :P

Also, it'd be great if we had limited access freeway

Detroit has road transportation done right!

Louisville's signage can be tricky at times, but the expressway does make it easy to find your way if you're lost.

Old 04-19-2010, 12:27 AM

Quote:
I feel much more uncomfortable in some areas there than I do than even the "bad" parts of Detroit.
Really? Detroit just seems like a place where even driving with your windows down would get you pulled out of your car. Plus Louisville is one of the safest large cities in the US.

Old 04-19-2010, 05:32 AM

Well, Louisville has its ghettos! Also, the D is hardly as bad as people make it out to be.

Philly scares the living **** out of me, as does DC.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area