Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Macon
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-30-2017, 12:33 AM

5 posts, read 3,301 times

Advertisements

With what seemed like an outstanding year for economic development and continued rebuilding in Macon-Bibb, what are some specific projections you think we will see in 2018? More companies coming to the county, new housing developments, specific rebuilding or new developments or specific projects you think will come to fruition? What projects will we see completed? What specifically do you hope to/ think we will see in Macon-Bibb in the next calendar year?

For me, generally, I project that we will see at least one more major commpany invest here next year. I believe we will see a continued growth in the downtown sector and I think by this time next year businesses across the county will be able to better sustain themselves. I also believe we will finally start to trend upward in population. I hope to see more investment in transportation and infrastructure as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2017, 04:01 PM

148 posts, read 150,038 times
Given that the crown plaza donated its furniture to Historic Macon it is my hope that the owner will move on that renovation. I still maintain make it a hotel/condo mixed use development. The 2 condo developments that currently exist in downtown Macon sold out pretty quickly.

Central City commons (pending ground breaking) and Lofts at Empire Yard (already started) will add to the downtown living options.

Lofts at Capicorn is almost complete and Lofts at Navicent is already complete.

I see Downtown Macon’s evolution becoming a major plus to Mercer students choosing Macon as their college choice and also for companies outlook on Macon as a nice quality of life here in Macon. Macon is so much more attractive as a living destination than it was when I moved here 14 years ago.

Old 12-30-2017, 04:33 PM

242 posts, read 341,056 times
I believe Macon-Bibb will continue to see even more companies eyeing this area for operations. I think we see at least 3 or more companies in 2018 set up camp in Macon/Bibb. Downtown is really going to see more growth, especially since the Central City Commons and Exchange projects is moving alone and all of Mercers loft projects, It think it’s going to be a real game changer for DT Macon and will have kind of the same prosperous affect Bass Pro & DC did when it came to North Macon. Businesses are already flocking to Downtown now. I would love to see the River Front Project (Renaissance on the River) back come to life, and also see more investment in the Middle Ga Regional Airport in support of more passenger service options and cargo; such as extension of the runway and/or possibly converting the old Boeing Facility into a new larger modern airport terminal to help attract larger carriers offering more flights out of Macon to other varies destinations. I think there is a passenger service market in Middle Ga they just have to choose the right cities and strong marketing strategies. A real invest in the Airport can really aid in the continued growth and Macon/Bibb’s ability to attract more top notch companies. Lastly, I really think we will start to see some population increase especially since its appears they are really working on Bibb county schools, for the last few months, there are signs of things moving in the right direction.

Also we will probably see Large shopping center and movie theater proposed for north Bibb County called Riverside Centre consisting of about 415,500 move alone.

Last edited by NewtownMacon478; 12-30-2017 at 04:49 PM..

Old 12-30-2017, 04:43 PM

242 posts, read 341,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maconfinance View Post
Given that the crown plaza donated its furniture to Historic Macon it is my hope that the owner will move on that renovation. I still maintain make it a hotel/condo mixed use development. The 2 condo developments that currently exist in downtown Macon sold out pretty quickly.

Central City commons (pending ground breaking) and Lofts at Empire Yard (already started) will add to the downtown living options.

Lofts at Capicorn is almost complete and Lofts at Navicent is already complete.

I see Downtown Macon’s evolution becoming a major plus to Mercer students choosing Macon as their college choice and also for companies outlook on Macon as a nice quality of life here in Macon. Macon is so much more attractive as a living destination than it was when I moved here 14 years ago.

Yes, I really hope see the owner moving forward to bring that hotel back to life. Mercer has another big loft project recently approved right next to Lofts at Mercer Landing. It will include lofts and a second parking deck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Macon
View detailed profiles of: