Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Can you distinguish the towel rack?
Yes 13 68.42%
Where? 0 0%
I do not care 2 10.53%
blue the answer is blue, no, red the answer is red. 4 21.05%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2007, 07:04 PM

6,631 posts, read 13,542,872 times

Advertisements

That's the biggest towel rack I've ever seen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elcarim View Post
Sorry to have intruded on a private party. And here I was all set to come skinny dipping with all of you!
It's not warm, it doesn't have a heated towel rack and the water's low right now but you can come swim in my pond!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2007, 07:50 PM

411 posts, read 898,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by forest beekeeper View Post
Elcarim -

Molly, Starwalker, and of ocurse my 'little soft leather gloves' are all welcome to come and enjoy our jacuzzi. We should be refilling it and starting it up again shortly. They are all invited to come and enjoy our swimming pool, when we get it's walls finished and get it filled with water.

Were you thinking that I was going to invite you as well?

I want Elcarim there... should we make a poll for that as well? lol (okiay, Elcarim, I'll PM you the address to send the $50 latertold you I'd kiss up for you)

Old 09-28-2007, 07:53 PM

411 posts, read 898,916 times
FB said: *since it won't quote him for me tonight*
I borrowed a lovely neighbor's digital camera to do some other tasks and just had to make another attempt at getting viewable photos of this towel rack once again. It is possible that we will simply have to get a much higher resolution camera if we ever hope to get a good photo of this towel rack.

What to you guys think?

Actually, that came out pretty well for the setting that I've got the camera on... unless you tried fiddling w/ the pixel settings. It does take better pics than what I had it set on, I simply was getting more pics on that card is all. If you want, I can reset it if you bring the camera in the morning, or I'll do it at market, as I think we'll make it.

Old 09-28-2007, 07:56 PM

378 posts, read 1,030,856 times
I put yes BUT I wanted to put the last answer.

Forest, you are so cool, man. When you get sick of building stuff over there and get it all cleaned up (i like it the way it is) you can just go from place to place (but start at mine) hooking us all up with all your cool gadgets.
Bring the wife and kids of course.

Old 09-28-2007, 08:31 PM

37,468 posts, read 61,396,384 times
El - I would love to host you for dinner, drinks and a soak anytime that you desire. The same goes for anyone else here.

KAF - The camera is great. Bonnie really likes how sharp the pictures are. We have great photos now of our entries from the 'Common Ground Fair'.

The pictures of the towel rack kept blending in with the background wood grain walls and trim, or else they were washing out completely from the big picture windows. With your camera's photos, I was able to photoshop the pictures 'gamma' and 'balance' to finally bring out the rack better and make it visible. We like the big windows, but at times it does get bright.

MaineWanna -
Quote:
... Forest, you are so cool, man. When you get sick of building stuff over there and get it all cleaned up (i like it the way it is) you can just go from place to place (but start at mine) hooking us all up with all your cool gadgets. Bring the wife and kids of course.
Thank you.

Really the pool is a mess and the rest of the house is a mess. It will be much better once that pool is filled with water. I have junk everywhere, a radial-arm saw is in the pool, on the floor underneath the towel-rack you can see some of our S-h-i-t-a-k-e mushrooms growing. Our living-room is filled with junk, I do not think that KAF has ever even been in the living room, as it is so filled with junk.

Old 09-28-2007, 09:30 PM

1,963 posts, read 4,753,404 times
That is some intense towel rack- designed to fit big towels, small towels and all sizes in between! Amazing

Old 09-28-2007, 09:38 PM

37,468 posts, read 61,396,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moughie View Post
That is some intense towel rack- designed to fit big towels, small towels and all sizes in between! Amazing
Thank you.

Even your towel would fit.

Old 09-29-2007, 07:44 AM

4,112 posts, read 6,520,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elcarim View Post
Ok, so THAT'S how Forest lost his shorts!! Forest gets drunk, grabs the hot towel rack, gets his beard STUCK in the hot towel rack, falls into the jaccuzzi, shorts - gone! Makes perfect sense now!
I agree!!! It's all become very clear to me now. Note to self...no getting drunk around Forest's towel rack!

Old 09-29-2007, 08:18 AM

5,054 posts, read 12,422,756 times
Oh, that's ok Forest. I had already decided if you wouldn't let me in I was just gonna stand outside the window and do a little strip tease for you guys until you changed your mind and opened the door!! If that didn't work, I'd just cry. You seem like the sweet sentimental type, and obviously, you're a man. I figure I could work my way back into your good graces one way or the other!!

Old 09-29-2007, 11:11 AM

7,395 posts, read 13,101,169 times
lol El!!

Forest, you may have done this all ready, but if you haven't would you post your pics of your entries (which includes some Blue Ribbons that you were too nice to mention again!) ? They'd be nice additions on the photos thread

this is the teacher in me, but I can't help but look at that towel rack and think about how many coat, ski pants and mittens would fit!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine