Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2007, 10:17 AM

37,468 posts, read 61,406,816 times

Advertisements

I saw that.

I thought about responding, but I was going to let it go.

I am a retiree on pension and all, at my last two duty stations I was the oldest man there.

sigh.

I am hoping that living in Maine will get a fresh load of youth into my step
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2007, 10:21 AM

7,727 posts, read 12,384,753 times
Hang around with me forest,.. and you'll feel younger automatically!

Old 12-06-2007, 10:45 AM

37,468 posts, read 61,406,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msina View Post
Hang around with me forest,.. and you'll feel younger automatically!
Cool, sounds like fun

Maybe folks come to Maine due to Msina

Old 12-06-2007, 10:53 AM

7,727 posts, read 12,384,753 times
You sure know how to make someone feel good my friend! Thank you!

Old 12-06-2007, 10:57 AM

7,395 posts, read 13,102,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msina View Post
Forest? Older people? HAH,... He's just a young'un
lol I didn't mean Forest!! I meant the lady Zymer was talking about and NMLM's grandfather.....geez....next time I'll multi-quote

Old 12-06-2007, 12:46 PM

378 posts, read 1,030,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elcarim View Post
I've made this statement several times - it's a lifestyle change, not just a change of scenery. You have to know exactly what you're looking for. It certainly is NOT right for everyone, and it's the only place on Earth that is right for some!

I loved the statement I saw on a documentary recently: "From Away is a Maine centric phrase. There's Maine, and then there's everywhere else!"

I agree.

Old 12-06-2007, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Maine Land Man View Post
Sportsmen love Maine. Whether you fish, hunt, canoe, camp, ski, golf or ride your motorcycle, Maine has the best experience in those sports. In addition you can walk anywhere safely. Our winter sports are second to none. I own five pairs of snowshoes so I have the right pair for whatever snow conditions we have. Today it's deep powder. I'm old enough to retire, but I'll work as long as I'm able. I like my work. My grandfather was splitting wood at 92.
That's EXACTLY how my kin are. Each of them working and completely useful until the day they carried them away. (quite against their will, I'm sure) And, I get the feeling they're probably working pretty hard from where they're at now.
I tried to get my Mom to relax and put her feet up more ... nothing doing. FInally someone explained to me that no matter how easy I wanted to make her life she had to feel and BE useful. Sure enough -- I backed off and that woman was happy. I should have moved her to Maine. In fact, that she's gone is the only reason that I can finally leave FL. SHe would never have left this state with her other children here .... I did bring part of her to Maine with me ... and she's still there in Acadia enjoying the breeze ....
THAT is how much I fell in love with Maine. Would never have expected that.
I was just passing through on my way to Canada. LOL !!! There's something about the spirit of the Northern people that is very captivating and it resonates throughout my family no matter the four and five generations we've done time in Florida.

Old 12-06-2007, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zymer View Post
I looked at a property in Plymouth with two houses. It was being sold by a woman who was somewhere in her 60s or 70s (hard to tell just how old she was and I didn't ask, but she was retired). She had done most of the work building the houses herself, was still cutting and splitting her own wood, and was building and selling post-and-beam sheds for extra money.

When I asked her why she was selling, she said it was because it was getting too populated around there and she wanted to buy a place further into the woods.

She's singing my song !! LOL !! I'm not quite a hermit (I only like to be around nice people so .... if I can't find any I'll just stay inside) but I have to say having a place to go to and having building skills would be like a dream come true for me.

Old 12-06-2007, 12:57 PM

forest... you're just funny. shush.

Quote:
Originally Posted by forest beekeeper View Post
I saw that.

I thought about responding, but I was going to let it go.

I am a retiree on pension and all, at my last two duty stations I was the oldest man there.

sigh.

I am hoping that living in Maine will get a fresh load of youth into my step

Old 12-06-2007, 04:00 PM

7,057 posts, read 9,082,573 times
Well, wandering around those woods of his, if he doesn't look where he is going he could certainly get a fresh load of *something* in his step.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine