Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2016, 02:56 PM

536 posts, read 845,082 times

Advertisements

Politicians these days just want a headline.

They don't want to find a solution, they want to incite rage because the world isn't perfect.

I think they should work to perfect the world, and it isn't by beheading people we disagree with. That man is creepy. I already live in FL, for goodness sakes. I have seen the world that black/white (kill/cherish) dyads has built in the South. No thank you. Maine is pretty much off my list of places to relocate to at this point, and it has to do with reading the posts on these BBs. Not to disrespect or demonize the participants, but I am coming to think of ME and NH as "FL North." I want a change, not more of the same nonsense of condoning irrational politicians.

Old 02-06-2016, 07:32 PM

23,570 posts, read 18,707,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyalicemore View Post
Politicians these days just want a headline.

They don't want to find a solution, they want to incite rage because the world isn't perfect.

I think they should work to perfect the world, and it isn't by beheading people we disagree with. That man is creepy. I already live in FL, for goodness sakes. I have seen the world that black/white (kill/cherish) dyads has built in the South. No thank you. Maine is pretty much off my list of places to relocate to at this point, and it has to do with reading the posts on these BBs. Not to disrespect or demonize the participants, but I am coming to think of ME and NH as "FL North." I want a change, not more of the same nonsense of condoning irrational politicians.
So which state/governor would you consider an example of a "rational politician(s)"?

This is gonna be good...

Old 02-06-2016, 07:53 PM

10,428 posts, read 18,686,915 times
I served in the military and worked as a manager in manufacturing. In both tasks we had to have the materials and skills to complete the tasks at hand. Our jails are full. I hope that our judges understand that. We need to solve the problem of what to do with convicted drug dealers. We need to reinstitute capital punishment.

Just ask the parents of a young girl hooked on drugs and being trafficked city to city as a sex slave. Ask the parents of a son who went to college with an athletic scholarship who died of an overdose what should be done with the drug dealer. You will get your answer. Around 1975 in Bucksport, drugs came to that town. Parents went to the police and got no effective response. One Saturday a local man went up to Jacob Buck Pond to ice fish. He kicked the snow away from his spot, chopped into the ice with his chisel and found a hand in the ice.

The police came out and found the drug pusher frozen into the ice with a surprised expression on his face. There was a flurry of activity with no arrests. A few weeks later the police got a call from a pay phone. If they went 100 yards off the long point at Brewer Lake they would find the drug dealer's buddy. Sure enough, he was under the ice too. End of problem in Bucksport for a few years.

We allow this problem to continue at our peril. There are drug dealers in many Maine towns. Society including citizens, law enforcement and the judiciary must take this problem seriously. We can solve this problem. Drug dealers can be removed from a town by a bunch of parents and loggers with baseball bats. They can be politely invited to leave. I know of one town that had a problem and the local judge kept releasing the dealer on bail. The judge got a letter signed by upstanding citizens that if this drug dealer was again released on bail the judge would find him dead on his front lawn within 24 hours.

Like the Bucksport situation years ago, the situation in Piscataquis County caused some consternation. After all, about 30 upstanding citizens had signed the letter. The problem went away. Part of the the problem in Maine is some judges who just plain do not care about this problem. Judges in Maine should be elected by the people as is done in many other states.

Old 02-07-2016, 07:12 AM

1,453 posts, read 2,203,712 times
I didn't serve in the military and never worked in manufacturing. Now that that irrelevance is out of the way: Actually, a local Buttspot guy hammered the deceased, and a guy from Lincoln was in on it. It turned out, I believe, that they thought he was a narc, not a drug dealer. Just plain mean people. Over 40 years ago. Same thing with a cabin burning down at Lucerne years ago with no arrests. Mean people.

A rather comical diatribe for some so bent on "Constitutional Government." Some Judges are forced to follow the Constitution. Elected Judges, like elected politicians, are manipulable, which is the apparent goal. The monied amongst us would LOVE that.

Purdue Pharmaceutical (and others), with their well financed lobbyists and cadre of lawyers initiated this last miserable wave of addiction in the early 90's with the advent of oxycontin. How about simply making oxy illegal period? I have friends that lost children - late teens - to overdoses of diverted drugs. Just saying "Judges in Maine" don't care when their rulings, following the State and U.S. Constitutions, don't suit you . . . I do not recall there ever being a body found in Brewer Lake related to the Jacob Buck murder by Freeman. Literary license?

Old 02-07-2016, 01:08 PM

565 posts, read 935,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Maine Land Man View Post
I served in the military and worked as a manager in manufacturing. In both tasks we had to have the materials and skills to complete the tasks at hand. Our jails are full. I hope that our judges understand that. We need to solve the problem of what to do with convicted drug dealers. We need to reinstitute capital punishment.

Just ask the parents of a young girl hooked on drugs and being trafficked city to city as a sex slave. Ask the parents of a son who went to college with an athletic scholarship who died of an overdose what should be done with the drug dealer. You will get your answer. Around 1975 in Bucksport, drugs came to that town. Parents went to the police and got no effective response. One Saturday a local man went up to Jacob Buck Pond to ice fish. He kicked the snow away from his spot, chopped into the ice with his chisel and found a hand in the ice.

The police came out and found the drug pusher frozen into the ice with a surprised expression on his face. There was a flurry of activity with no arrests. A few weeks later the police got a call from a pay phone. If they went 100 yards off the long point at Brewer Lake they would find the drug dealer's buddy. Sure enough, he was under the ice too. End of problem in Bucksport for a few years.

We allow this problem to continue at our peril. There are drug dealers in many Maine towns. Society including citizens, law enforcement and the judiciary must take this problem seriously. We can solve this problem. Drug dealers can be removed from a town by a bunch of parents and loggers with baseball bats. They can be politely invited to leave. I know of one town that had a problem and the local judge kept releasing the dealer on bail. The judge got a letter signed by upstanding citizens that if this drug dealer was again released on bail the judge would find him dead on his front lawn within 24 hours.

Like the Bucksport situation years ago, the situation in Piscataquis County caused some consternation. After all, about 30 upstanding citizens had signed the letter. The problem went away. Part of the the problem in Maine is some judges who just plain do not care about this problem. Judges in Maine should be elected by the people as is done in many other states.

Did you ever hear of alcohol prohibition in the United States and what was the outcomes with that?? You realize we tried using violence and intimidation with those gangsters? We even still had capital punishment back then.

Old 02-07-2016, 02:48 PM

10,428 posts, read 18,686,915 times
"I do not recall there ever being a body found in Brewer Lake related to the Jacob Buck murder by Freeman."

That's OK, Maineac. I do.

Old 02-07-2016, 05:10 PM

22,921 posts, read 28,279,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by inthetrees View Post
Did you ever hear of alcohol prohibition in the United States and what was the outcomes with that?? You realize we tried using violence and intimidation with those gangsters? We even still had capital punishment back then.
The obvious difference: There's nothing inherently wrong or irresponsible about drinking alcohol in moderation.

It's really hard to say the same thing about heroin, crack, meth, bath salts, etc.

Old 02-07-2016, 09:11 PM

565 posts, read 935,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
The obvious difference: There's nothing inherently wrong or irresponsible about drinking alcohol in moderation.

It's really hard to say the same thing about heroin, crack, meth, bath salts, etc.
Once you remove the emotion you realize it's the same for everything. There is no such thing as a good or bad drug.... One man has no right to tell another what to do, unless they are directly harming others. Alcohol causes just as many problems as legal hard drugs will cause.

There are certainly unhealthy drugs like bath salts and street meth, but the only reason they ever existed was because of drug prohibition.
You can get pure meth right at the pharmacy with a RX, it's brand name is Desoxyn.

Old 02-08-2016, 06:19 AM

22,921 posts, read 28,279,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by inthetrees View Post
There is no such thing as a good or bad drug....
The good or bad is not in the drug itself but in its use. And there are certainly good and bad uses of drugs, just as there are good and bad uses of fire, water, or anything else. Society has not only the right but the responsibility to pass and enforce laws restricting the bad uses.

I have no problem at all with the safe and proper use of alcohol or morphine or cocaine. But if someone (or lots of someones) are misusing them, putting not only themselves but the public in danger, then I just don't see how removing all legal restrictions is going to do anything but make the problem worse.

Would we apply this very weird "logic" to any other problem? Is the solution to domestic violence making wife beating legal? Is the solution to car wrecks removing all speed limits? Is the cure for cancer simply a matter of no longer calling it a disease?

It's the weirdest Orwellian logic I've ever seen. Let's fix the problem by insisting it really isn't a problem.

Old 02-08-2016, 07:43 AM

1,453 posts, read 2,203,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Maine Land Man View Post
"I do not recall there ever being a body found in Brewer Lake related to the Jacob Buck murder by Freeman."

That's OK, Maineac. I do.
Funny, the Jacob Buck murder was right in front of the camp owned by my neighbors when we lived on Verona. Freeman's trial began a year later (after the murder), in December of 1975. I remember Bernie Staples (now retired Judge Staples) was a defense attorney. But there's nothing out there about any Brewer Lake tie. Not arguing, could very well be, but there seems to be no record of it.

As to the guillotine, the Framers already have that covered with the 8th Amendment. God forbid we'd follow the Constitution.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine