Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2016, 08:33 AM

10,428 posts, read 18,686,915 times

Advertisements

Every county is different. In most counties you can vote and go. Within the "super caucus", each town will hold its own caucus to fill town positions, county committee members and delegates to the state convention. Many towns have read the fine print and know that only one person needs to show up for the "super caucus". The town chair can appoint town positions not filled at the "super caucus".

Old 03-03-2016, 08:57 AM

1,453 posts, read 2,203,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Submariner View Post
We are all still here.

There was a time when any politics got removed quick.

If you notice, so far posters here have been expressing their views and we have remained pleasant. Differing views but no flaming.

Generally the problem of politics is the nearly instant flaming that goes on.

In this Maine forum, even if we slide into politics, nobody is flaming at each other.

There was discussion about 'natural-born', some disagreement, and it was settled without posters throwing mud at each other. I really like how Mainers can be so peaceable and get along.

That's been my experience, but the crazies on each end of the spectrum have to make their voices heard. Neither want the voters to think for themselves, they just want blind followers and go out of their way to indoctrinate them. Intelligence and thoughtfulness doesn't enter into that calculus. Rush is right the rest of the world is wrong.

But I've found, for the most part, Maine voters will think things through and find common ground. The hate/obstructionist politics is something occurring over the past 25 or so years, paralleled by some people making big bucks on the radio to perpetuate it, cheering it on. They've gotten obscenely rich doing it. It does have an impact.

Old 03-03-2016, 11:54 AM

506 posts, read 684,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Maine Land Man View Post
http://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3...ine.eventbrite...

Hauck Auditorium at Orono, March 4, 10:30 AM. Get your free ticket. Arrive early to get in. Wonder what Ted will do as president?

EXACTLY what he said he would do.
Yeah.....he will relegate gay AMERICANS to second class citizens again.

F Cruz.

Old 03-03-2016, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slyfox2 View Post
Why is Ted still running? Its documented that he was born in Canada. He'll be thrown out of office if he wins since you have to be born in the USA to be President of the USA. Arnold(I'll be back!) could be Guv of Cal-eee-forn-yah, but not Pres since he was born in Austria.
Exactly.......a Canadian Prez telling the rest of us how to live and who to worship.

No thanks.

Old 03-03-2016, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maineguy8888 View Post
I really like Cruz....alas I have to work!
Are you a homophobe as well?

Old 03-03-2016, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by movintime View Post
Put this way, tho Cruz lacks a few Christian virtues he's overall best choice. But this whole DEM/REP thing is a shame. We know Hilliary is handpicked, & it is fixed like Super Bowls. Money talks

But if we could've had a Pat Buchanan yrs ago it'd be such diff world, but since God's judgement is upon us, this is the way it'll unfold as it is God's will be done -- NOT ours. Oh well, just continue believing HE has a plan & knows far more that we do.
False prophets. Take a look around to see God's creations.......God didn't create hate......man did.

Old 03-03-2016, 12:00 PM

18 posts, read 19,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maineborzoi View Post
I fail to see why anyone would vote for Cruz.
He is obnoxious and disliked in the Senate, so how he could get anyone to cooperate with him if in the White house is Beyond me.
We already had a president now for 7 years that would not/will not/can not work with the House nor the Senate.
Then Add Rubio- who has missed the majority of his votes in the Senate, has not attended meetings of Committees he is assigned to etc. Talk about lacking job skills !!
Donald Trump is the ONLY plausible Answer to Any of This for President.
Cruz is crazy: He believes in this thing we have called a Constitution.

Like him or not, Cruz is a little more predictable than Trump. Being from NY, I don't like what I know about Trump already. We could do worse for sure but we can also do a LOT better.

Old 03-03-2016, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
WOW!

The Maine forum has really changed since I moved. Not used to seeing this kind of political talk on here.

Hope Maine is still the wonderful "Live and Let Live" state - The Way Life Should Be.
It's getting harder and harder. Religious Right (Wrong) to the North and Uber Liberals to the South........no wonder I live in Central Maine!

Old 03-03-2016, 03:42 PM

240 posts, read 344,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Maine Land Man View Post
http://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3...ine.eventbrite...

Hauck Auditorium at Orono, March 4, 10:30 AM. Get your free ticket. Arrive early to get in. Wonder what Ted will do as president?

EXACTLY what he said he would do.
I do not think Cruz will carry ME. Kasich/Trump will take ME.

Old 03-03-2016, 04:05 PM

10,428 posts, read 18,686,915 times
There are so many people signed up hat the Hauck Auditorium cannot hold us all. The event has been moved to the Collins Center for the Arts, the biggest auditorium on Campus. It is just south of the library. Parking will likely be in the south east parking lot. Arrive early.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
View detailed profiles of: