Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-01-2007, 08:44 PM

102 posts, read 555,355 times

Advertisements

Never go there to bring a pet you cant care for or to adopt one, the lady that runs it is a miserable B***h. They always complain they need donations(they even want someone to give them a hybrid car) but yet they deny good people who want to adopt animals for one reason or another.

When we moved to florida our dogs couldnt come we hated to do it but we left them with someone to try and find a good home, they couldnt so they took them to the ark. I contacted the Ark to let them know the dogs history so they could find them a home easier. (they say they think the dogs have been kicked because if you raise your foot they cowar down) That is pure bull those dogs were spoiled worse than our kids, slept in our bed every night never left outside overnight, and surely never abused.

Once we found out we are moving back to maine i contacted them to tell them we was comming back to maine and would love to have the dogs back. They say they will have to see when the time comes. The next week i was told by a relative that the dogs were being advertised in the paper that they need a home. I contacted them again saying cant you hold them i will glaldy pay the adoption fees plus a nice donation. They say no we cant hold them, then a couple days later i find out one of the dogs had already been adopted, when they even was saying i nthere advertising they wanted both dogs to go to one person because they been together forver,(father and Daughter) So i had a relative go there and apply for the other dog, they deny her because she had a dog that was a month behind on its shots at one point.

I said ok can you send me an application they send it no problem, i fill it out and email it to them, 3 days later i call them up to see what the status of it is(says on the application it may take 24 hours) She says oh He was adopted today, I said WHAT she said yes he went to a beautiful home on Peaks Island, I didnt have time to get to your application.

I coulda reached right through the phone and strangled her. Weve had this dog since he was just a little puppy and we was all he knew, when we found out we was moving back, getting him back and the other one was the first thing that popped into our heads.

Once she found out we was comming back and wanted them back she pushed to get rid of them.

From what i know Peaks Island is off from Portland, i have no idea why someone would come all that way to Cherryfield to get a dog, especially one that wasnt pure bread. My guess it was someone she knew or something.

I wouldnt recommend anyone go to that place after the shady tactics she pulled.

Anyone here know anyone on Peaks island that adopted a dog recently, if so please tell them out story and that we would pay whatever they paid to adopt him to have him back

Old 09-02-2007, 10:11 AM

102 posts, read 555,355 times
If someone knows anything, please let me know

Old 02-22-2008, 08:00 PM

3 posts, read 10,719 times
Default Ark Cherryfield Maine

Shame on you, The Ark is a no kill shelter the workers are not paid. You moved and did not take your four legged children. When you moved back what was there to make them (The Ark) think you would not move and leave them again? After all you left them once. Their only concern is the best interest of the pet. Maybe you should thank them and their new owners as the Ark makes evey effort to make sure their pets go to a FOREVER home. Sometimes it is not all about you. In case you are wondering, I do not work or know anyone that works for The Ark. As a pet owner of three wonderful dogs, I respect the work they do and donate to them when I can.

Old 02-22-2008, 08:11 PM

8,767 posts, read 18,671,905 times
I ain't touching this one!!!

Old 02-22-2008, 09:11 PM

7,395 posts, read 13,101,169 times
Golden Mom Chris hasn't been around for a long time now....I don't think he enjoyed us very much here....go figure....

But, welcome to the forum and nice post!

Old 02-22-2008, 09:22 PM

474 posts, read 1,417,374 times
Well, you know I've got to put in my two cents worth on this one. Being a dog lover and previous owner (we lost our little girl almost two years ago and she was 13 years old). Now, to get back on topic! I don't know what the situation is and don't care BUT I do know that I have moved across country AND never considered leaving any dog behind. Is it convenient to travel with them? NO! Is it easy to find accomodations along the way that will allow your dog? No! Is it easy to find a place to rent when you get to your final destination? No BUT, when you take on the owner/purchase/adoption of an animal YOU are the one responsible for them THEIR entire life!

Old 02-22-2008, 10:17 PM

4,282 posts, read 15,749,873 times
Since the date of the original post, City Data has changed it's policy regarding consumer-type complaint issues.

Simply put, posts on those topics are not longer permitted.

In keeping with the spirit of that rule change, we'll lock this thread and let it disappear into the archives.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
View detailed profiles of: