Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-27-2017, 02:57 AM

35 posts, read 36,708 times

Advertisements

Went to Hannaford last night. I had no intention of buying chocolate milk, but I saw a half gallon of Oakhurst "premium" chocolate milk for $2.76. This is the old Hershey's chocolate milk before Oakhurst started using their own formula and removed the Hershey label. It's not as good, but it's still the best in my opinion. The only brand I buy.

I brought this up to the register fully expecting it to ring up at a different price. Hannaford does this with sale items all the time. The sale expires and they leave the sale stickers on the item hoping you wont notice. I used to think it was acidental/laziness. But it happens to often for me to think that anymore. Anyway, this is almost $4 at WalMart. So if you like this stuff and you are going to Hannaford anyway, it is worth checking out. This happened at the Elm Plaza store in Waterville. I don't know if it's just that store or if this is going on at all Hannafords.

Has to be a mistake. Their prices have skyrocketed over the last few years. They are almost as bad as Shaw's lately. I highly doubt they are intentionally 30% cheaper on an item.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2017, 03:50 AM

3,537 posts, read 2,867,479 times
Hannaford used to give you double the money back and the item free if it rang up incorrectly,
Ya they don't do that any more.

RR

Old 09-27-2017, 02:03 PM

I've only had them correct a price for me once. Normally if something is mislabeled on price and I point it out to the cashier the attitude I get is "Oh well, that's the price. Do you want it or not?". Same thing has happened when I've returned their private label brand products. They are supposed to be double your money back. But the only time I ever got double my money back (yes I bring the receipt) was when I returned an unopened package of provolone cheese slices that had a expiration date months in advance but had a visible green mold spot growing on the cheese in the back of the package. Even then they weren't going to give it to me. I had to ask and be made to feel like I was being petty or trying to get something I wasn't entitled to. So I called the next day to inquire about their policy. Their response to the question "Do you still honor your double money back guarantee?" was "It depends" Although she couldn't really clarify what it was dependent on. Funny, their flyers that print that nonsense every week don't mention any exceptions to this policy. Just a marketing gimmick that they don't follow through on unless they are forced to. Honestly, the only reason I shop there at all is because I hate WalMart. Not a lot of viable options in a small town.

Old 09-27-2017, 05:05 PM

3,537 posts, read 2,867,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timsmith2 View Post
I've only had them correct a price for me once. Normally if something is mislabeled on price and I point it out to the cashier the attitude I get is "Oh well, that's the price. Do you want it or not?". Same thing has happened when I've returned their private label brand products. They are supposed to be double your money back. But the only time I ever got double my money back (yes I bring the receipt) was when I returned an unopened package of provolone cheese slices that had a expiration date months in advance but had a visible green mold spot growing on the cheese in the back of the package. Even then they weren't going to give it to me. I had to ask and be made to feel like I was being petty or trying to get something I wasn't entitled to. So I called the next day to inquire about their policy. Their response to the question "Do you still honor your double money back guarantee?" was "It depends" Although she couldn't really clarify what it was dependent on. Funny, their flyers that print that nonsense every week don't mention any exceptions to this policy. Just a marketing gimmick that they don't follow through on unless they are forced to. Honestly, the only reason I shop there at all is because I hate WalMart. Not a lot of viable options in a small town.
Your store must be one of the private owned ones, The corporate one here in Lewiston never argues with you, If you say the price is incorrect they send someone (usually the bagger) to check.
Returns are basically no questions asked.

I will say that Hannaford's quality has definitely gone down, and sometimes I go to Shaws's but hate there sky high prices.
I have not and will not shop at Walcrap ever.

RR

Old 09-27-2017, 05:07 PM

628 posts, read 843,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrat View Post
Your store must be one of the private owned ones, The corporate one here in Lewiston never argues with you, If you say the price is incorrect they send someone (usually the bagger) to check.
Returns are basically no questions asked.

I will say that Hannaford's quality has definitely gone down, and sometimes I go to Shaws's but hate there sky high prices.
I have not and will not shop at Walcrap ever.

RR
Same thing at Sanford Hannaford the almost never argue with you

but unlike you i do shop at Walmart but never Shaws because they are sky high in prices

Old 10-02-2017, 11:10 AM

Shaw's has really good sale prices. They haven't been as great in the last year or so, but I check the online flyer every week. I go there mainly for sale items and do most of my shopping at Hannaford. Save a Lot is good for odds and ends. I never walk out of there with more than three or four items though. It's mainly private label brands and the customer service is terrible.

Old 10-02-2017, 11:27 AM

4,236 posts, read 8,157,015 times
I don't think I've seen a carton of Hershey's chocolate milk is well over a decade.

Old 10-02-2017, 01:05 PM

3,711 posts, read 2,711,866 times
I love this topic headline. So silly and funny too

Love chocolate soy milk!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine