Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2008, 08:16 PM

2,059 posts, read 4,204,922 times

Advertisements

as some of you no im a truck driver.
20 years ago i jumped in a truck and fell in love.
right out of 3 years of collage a degre i have never used.
i drove for my unc&aunt for 2 years then i met the love of my life.
for 17 years she has been by my side gave me 5 wonderfull kids and never complaind.14 years ago i asked her about buying a truck .
her words to me wher. i trust you to provide for me if you can make it work then im with you. i never realy thought about them words untill last friday when i got home.i told her we need to talk after supper we had pasta.
she said i all ready no what you want to talk about.she said i can read you like a book. i see the worry on your face every time you tally up the fuel recp. i told her i wanted to sell the truck with the trailer.and this time she didnt say im behind you.this time she said i think its best .at fuel prices today
i was staying out 3 or 4 weeks at a time.so today a young man and his dad stoped by to look at my truck.looked it all over and said we will be back later.
i thought to my self ya right.they come back a cpl hrs later with a bank check.as i watched my life drive away my wife grabed my hand and said .
dont worry i trust you to provide for me and the kids.its been a hard cpl days but i think we will be ok.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2008, 08:20 PM

4,975 posts, read 11,699,642 times
Awww, I feel for you, RANGER! Hang in there. Sometimes it takes a life-changing event to open up new, and sometimes better, doors! I wish you and your family all the best in the future!

Old 04-29-2008, 08:37 PM

7,727 posts, read 12,388,314 times
I'm sorry for your pain. I hope wonderful things happen for you.

Old 04-29-2008, 08:55 PM

3,231 posts, read 7,467,464 times
Time for a new adventure Ranger! Just the next chapter in your life, your glass ain't half empty, it's half full! Change is good, a little scary at first but you guys love each other and have a wonderful family to boot. What could be better than that?

Old 04-29-2008, 09:08 PM

8,767 posts, read 18,677,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RANGER.101ST View Post
as some of you no im a truck driver.
20 years ago i jumped in a truck and fell in love.
right out of 3 years of collage a degre i have never used.
i drove for my unc&aunt for 2 years then i met the love of my life.
for 17 years she has been by my side gave me 5 wonderfull kids and never complaind.14 years ago i asked her about buying a truck .
her words to me wher. i trust you to provide for me if you can make it work then im with you. i never realy thought about them words untill last friday when i got home.i told her we need to talk after supper we had pasta.
she said i all ready no what you want to talk about.she said i can read you like a book. i see the worry on your face every time you tally up the fuel recp. i told her i wanted to sell the truck with the trailer.and this time she didnt say im behind you.this time she said i think its best .at fuel prices today
i was staying out 3 or 4 weeks at a time.so today a young man and his dad stoped by to look at my truck.looked it all over and said we will be back later.
i thought to my self ya right.they come back a cpl hrs later with a bank check.as i watched my life drive away my wife grabed my hand and said .
dont worry i trust you to provide for me and the kids.its been a hard cpl days but i think we will be ok.
I can't imagine the hurt you're feeling now. My tendency would be to crawl into a bottle and sulk for a few days...I have the feeling you're better than that though. You look into those kids eyes and feel the warmth of that loving hand standing by you and say to yourself screw 'em they won't get me. They may take your rig but they will never take your dignity or your love for your family. Work is work and you'll find something else soon. Take a little time to relax...take a ride in that canoe your dad and you built. He will speak to you and you will know what to do. Don't be afraid or too proud to ask for help if you need it ....that's what it's there for. If you need to talk we're all here for you.

Old 04-30-2008, 03:39 AM

6,631 posts, read 13,549,405 times
I'm sorry. Your story is too familiar these days. I hope you'll be able to do something now that is as rewarding as driving was.

Old 04-30-2008, 04:03 AM

19,969 posts, read 30,241,153 times
when one door closes behind you, three more will open up in front of you, as long as you dont stare at the door that closed.

Old 04-30-2008, 04:45 AM

7,395 posts, read 13,106,027 times
Ranger take care. I'm sorry that you're going through this right now. I too feel that opportunities will be there for you....try to focus on what you'd like to do with this time now

Old 04-30-2008, 05:05 AM

2,356 posts, read 5,721,642 times
Default Stay grounded

I want to tell you how sorry I am for your loss. Finding something that you love to do can take a life time....and for a lot of people, never happens. You were very lucky to have had the opportunity to do something that you loved, and provide for your family.

But I also want to say "stay grounded". Don't let this time of insecurity get you down too much. Use it as an opportuntity to exlpore your-self in different way's to see what else is out there.

Also, I believe people who have a passion for a job or a hobbie can usually come from a passion for life itself, so don't be suprised if in the next career, you find you have a passion for that too.

And, the truck was a tool of the trade, there's a lot more to trucking than just driving, it is all that knowledge that you posess about the industry and running a business, that made you successfull. If things change in the future, and if you choose, the opportunity will be there to go back.

Good luck

Old 04-30-2008, 06:10 AM

4,112 posts, read 6,522,672 times
Ranger, I can't imagine how hard that must of been. I wish you good luck in finding your new calling..oh and have fun with all that extra time you will have with mrs. ranger
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine