Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2008, 10:21 AM

3,231 posts, read 7,465,461 times

Advertisements

I love you all to death, thanks for making me feel oh so special!

El, I cried like hell at 40. No kidding! Mike had taken me up to Bar Harbor for the weekend. We were doing the loop ride up the mountain and I bawled the whole time. He'd say "honey, look it's sooooo pretty. Don't you want to get out and see?" I was a complete and total idiot. Through my long couldn't even breathe sobs I said "Noooooooo..... just take me back to the rooooom". That was then. You're right, nothing I can do about it now! Just sit back and enjoy the ride. It's not all that bad. I've come to terms with the crows feet, the laugh lines and all of that extra jiggley skin. Unlike every other woman down here, I feel no need to run to the plastic surgeon. The lines and wrinkles are mine and I've earned every one of them. Might as well show them off!

Yesterday was a superb day! It started out with a surpise birthday phone call all the way from Dubai! A friend from here in the bldg moved there a few months ago. I was so happy to hear his voice. I later received via email a gift certificate for a full day spa treatment at a local resort up the beach from me, from my youngest sister. My parents sent an "Edible Arrangement", that's yummy btw! The kids sent flowers and called me numerous times to harrass me about being old. My brother called just to tell me he loved me. Then I got another birthday phone call from my sister Linda- who's just a tad off shore- but was just released from a jailhouse in New Foundland- more on that later now that she has made the news.

Last night we were supposed to go grill outside down on the pool deck. We arrived at 6pm to find my friends/neighbors here in the bldg were all down there. They had set up tiki lights/ twinkle lights and balloons galore. But not only that, one of the guys that lives here is a musician and he was all set up. He plays steel drums and the saxaphone locally at the little beach bars. We had an amazing night of wonderful food, live Carribean music, dancing and some of the most amazing gifts. More spa treatments, a dozen white roses, yellow roses, several bottles of The Goose and oh my heavens! It was overwhelming and wonderful. I'm the most lucky "old" lady there is!

Thank you all again for your wonderful birthday wishes. I adore each and every one of you! Thank you!

PS... anyone know directions to the Betty Ford clinic?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2008, 10:26 AM

14 posts, read 33,489 times
Default Happy (Belated) Birthday Mermaid!

Age is just a number.
Really.
You are only as old as you feel and act.

(Just ask my husband, he'll tell you that he's hoping one day I'll grow up and act my age.)

Hope you had lots of fun last night, and that the room has stopped spinning by now...

Old 09-28-2008, 11:54 AM

19,969 posts, read 30,227,645 times
happy birthday!!!
a good woman, is like a good wine, gets better with age!

Old 09-29-2008, 03:49 AM

4,112 posts, read 6,520,821 times
You don't need Betty Ford's clinic. Just a dark room and a few aspirin. That does sound like the most awesome b day ever!!!

Old 09-29-2008, 06:17 AM

37,468 posts, read 61,406,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainebrokerman View Post
... a good woman, is like a good wine, gets better with age!
Unless it turns to vinegar.

Old 09-29-2008, 06:39 AM

6,631 posts, read 13,544,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dramamama6685 View Post
You don't need Betty Ford's clinic. Just a dark room and a few aspirin. That does sound like the most awesome b day ever!!!
And water. Take the aspirin with two large glasses of water before going to sleep. It makes a huge difference in that dehydration headache.

Old 09-29-2008, 10:03 AM

1,698 posts, read 3,338,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainebrokerman View Post
happy birthday!!!
a good woman, is like a good wine, gets better with age!
That.. is something I need to hear in November!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by forest beekeeper View Post
Unless it turns to vinegar.

Hummm isn't the "atmosphere or what the "wine is surrounded by that makes it turn into something so0oo "sour"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramamama6685 View Post
Sounds like the best day from dawn till dusk. Wonderful.
You don't need the "Betty Ford"clinic, since you were Mrs."Betty Fun."

Old 09-30-2008, 06:17 PM

Location: :0)1 CORINTHIANS,13*"KYRIE, ELEISON"*"CHRISTE ELEISON"
3,078 posts, read 6,199,237 times
Talking WOW! :0) BEAUTIFUL posts from everyone! THANK YOU TO ALL!

WHAT A GREAT POST MISS MERMAID!

I AM GLAD THAT YOU HAD AN AMAZING TIME!

AND THAT YOUR LOVED ONES MADE YOU FEEL EXTRA SPECIAL!

AND TRULY LOVED & BLESSED!

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!PLEASE KEEP CELEBRATING!

MORE CAKE & A COUPLE OF MORE DRINKS PLEASE!!

YOU HAVE EARNED IT!PRETTY COOL!

TAKE GOOD CARE!

COUNTRYLV22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fort Lauderdale mermaid View Post
I love you all to death, thanks for making me feel oh so special!

El, I cried like hell at 40. No kidding! Mike had taken me up to Bar Harbor for the weekend. We were doing the loop ride up the mountain and I bawled the whole time. He'd say "honey, look it's sooooo pretty. Don't you want to get out and see?" I was a complete and total idiot. Through my long couldn't even breathe sobs I said "Noooooooo..... just take me back to the rooooom". That was then. You're right, nothing I can do about it now! Just sit back and enjoy the ride. It's not all that bad. I've come to terms with the crows feet, the laugh lines and all of that extra jiggley skin. Unlike every other woman down here, I feel no need to run to the plastic surgeon. The lines and wrinkles are mine and I've earned every one of them. Might as well show them off!

Yesterday was a superb day! It started out with a surpise birthday phone call all the way from Dubai! A friend from here in the bldg moved there a few months ago. I was so happy to hear his voice. I later received via email a gift certificate for a full day spa treatment at a local resort up the beach from me, from my youngest sister. My parents sent an "Edible Arrangement", that's yummy btw! The kids sent flowers and called me numerous times to harrass me about being old. My brother called just to tell me he loved me. Then I got another birthday phone call from my sister Linda- who's just a tad off shore- but was just released from a jailhouse in New Foundland- more on that later now that she has made the news.

Last night we were supposed to go grill outside down on the pool deck. We arrived at 6pm to find my friends/neighbors here in the bldg were all down there. They had set up tiki lights/ twinkle lights and balloons galore. But not only that, one of the guys that lives here is a musician and he was all set up. He plays steel drums and the saxaphone locally at the little beach bars. We had an amazing night of wonderful food, live Carribean music, dancing and some of the most amazing gifts. More spa treatments, a dozen white roses, yellow roses, several bottles of The Goose and oh my heavens! It was overwhelming and wonderful. I'm the most lucky "old" lady there is!

Thank you all again for your wonderful birthday wishes. I adore each and every one of you! Thank you!

PS... anyone know directions to the Betty Ford clinic?

Last edited by countrylv22; 09-30-2008 at 06:18 PM.. Reason: SMILE & WE WILL SMILE WITH YOU!:0) ATTITUDE IN LIFE IS KEY! :0) PEACE! :0)

Old 09-30-2008, 11:29 PM

2,059 posts, read 4,203,660 times
mermaid turnd 50 isnt that sweet, some one brought her booz and left it at her feet,you can tell by her smile she's haveing a great day,or maybe its the booz thats makeing her that way,when she turnd 40 she thought her life was done,and mike took her hand and said its allright hun,now that she's 50 she's got some beauty lines,sure some call them wrinkles,I think they look fine,so have a great day and have a good time,next year you just might get two bottles of wine.happy birth day mermaid.

Old 09-30-2008, 11:32 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times
happy birthday.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
View detailed profiles of: