Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2008, 03:22 PM

3,036 posts, read 5,890,865 times

Advertisements

I remember my first front wheel drive. The first time I backed it up I whipped a 360 in the middle of the road. So be carefull even backing up. Surprised me the first time. Admittedly, I may have done a few more since on purpose. Ahh, it was great to be young and foolish.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2008, 03:59 PM

37,474 posts, read 61,432,180 times
I drove up from Ct today, Sunny clear skies the entire trip.

I will be fine.

Old 12-23-2008, 08:41 PM

740 posts, read 1,883,027 times
I used to have a full size GMC cargo van and it was horrible in the snow. I got stuck in my flat plowed driveway once just because there was a thin layer of ice. No problems with any of the other vehicles in the same location. Weight in the back does help but easily the worse vehicle I have driven for winter driving. The all wheel drive Chevy Astros on the other hand are great in the winter.

Old 12-24-2008, 08:03 PM

96 posts, read 201,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ2ME View Post
Chrysler Voyager Van is what I have. Thanks everyone! Sounds like as long as I use common sense in driving in the snow, I should be ok if we decide to still come up using the van. I'm not worried about making it to the house and having snow blocking the driveway... we'll do what we have to. I always have fleece blankets and snacks in the car for emergency and have a cell for emergency calls (plus we'll have ALL our snow skiing gear in the trunk), and I have triple A. So hopefully between all that we'll be in good shape. We'd leave the day after christmas... hopefully the weather is good for at least our drive up.
We have a Dodge Caravan, front wheel drive, and it has been fine for us, blizzards and all. We do have all-weather tires, not studded or anything fancy, but we have never gotten stuck and have traveled through snowy and icy conditions on very crappy roads up here. I think you'll be fine! Just be careful and take your time!

Old 12-25-2008, 09:38 PM

264 posts, read 759,339 times
Thanks everyone! Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas! We are leaving in the morning (well.. late morning) and should be up there by late evening. And whats up with the forcast of 51 this weekend?! LOL... I'm coming up there to get winter conditions, not fall! LOL. The kids are so excited. Tommorrow is also my daughter's birthday. She turns 4 years old. She told every single person who would listen today.... "Tommorrow is my birthday and we are driving to Maine on my birthday"

I had internet last trip up... but most likely won't this time! I got rid of my laptop AirCard through Verizon... So have a good week and I'll see you after the New Year!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine