Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-05-2007, 12:35 AM

3,872 posts, read 8,712,128 times

Advertisements

I went to their overseas campus when I lived in Europe. I only have 10 hours left to finish, and since we're moving to MD, I'll have to do it w/ UM. Is there any one campus you would recommend over another?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2007, 01:31 AM

1,463 posts, read 6,222,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrkelly View Post
I went to their overseas campus when I lived in Europe. I only have 10 hours left to finish, and since we're moving to MD, I'll have to do it w/ UM. Is there any one campus you would recommend over another?

Thanks!

College Park is the best option...More commuter friendly and they seem to be on the ball with whats going on in the real world and do a pretty good job of implementing that into curriculum....

Old 08-05-2007, 05:30 AM

551 posts, read 1,875,795 times
College Park (UMCP) is the flagship University, has the best reputation and probably the most to offer in terms of curriculum. UMBC (University of Maryland Baltimore County) has come a long way in improving and could be another good choice. If you are working full time, University College, which is part of College Park, offers about all its courses at night and is very convenient for people with full time jobs during the day. Also, UMUC (University College) is very accepting of credits from other colleges and is mostly serious adults who really care about getting an education. It depends, of course, on where you live.

Old 08-05-2007, 12:11 PM

great. I will look into all 3. I'll be moving (isn't everyone?) to Columbia.

Old 08-05-2007, 09:18 PM

10,219 posts, read 15,931,403 times
College Park is the main campus and we look down on the other ones. Everything goes on here. College Park offers the most classes and majors, and is the centerpiece of the system. All of our nationally-famous teams....especially FOOTBALL and BASKETBALL are here. I've pretty sure you've seen Comcast Center and Byrd Stadium a million times on TV!!!!! College Park is also the most respected campus because when I was in high school, people only went to UMBC when they got rejected from CP. If you look at the rankings CP is the most prestigious and the hardest to get in.

However, CP is also more expensive. If you are a freshman, your housing here will suck compared to UMBC or other schools in the system like Frostburg. CP has the best nightlife and the most entertainment, incluidng the aforrementioned sports culture that permeates the university. Frostburg has the most pleasant setting though, in a mountainous rural area.

Old 08-05-2007, 11:15 PM

well, I'm not really worried about the night life - at age 34 & 35 w/ 3 kids we don't get out much. I'll be a senior. I have 12 hours left. We'll be living in Columbia. Thanks though terrapin. I'll look into it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland