Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2008, 05:21 PM

5 posts, read 39,944 times

Advertisements

Can you guys please offer your input on who are some quality homebuilders in Maryland. I have been trying to do as much research as I possibly can on where to move, but am a little overwhelmed at this point. My husband will be working in Crystal City VA for about a year and then he will be working at Andrews Air Force Base later in 2009. Ideally we would like a Single Family Home for about 500K on a large lot (at least an acre) and of course close to public transportation (I know I am dreaming). We are flexible w/ the price because we would really like to get what we want i.e. nice neighborhood, good schools etc, etc.

Soooo please, please offer some advice on where we should look and what developments. Oh, I did come across NVHomes which I really liked (from what I saw on their virtual tours etc)...These homes seemed nice and many upgrades came standard, but I dont know about the neighborhoods they were offering them in (Upper Marbolro, Kent Island etc). I dont want to seem too picky, but I really dont prefer big houses that look like boxes. Thanks everyone in advance for any input!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2008, 07:11 PM

866 posts, read 2,627,241 times
Bozzuto, Winchester, and Ryland Homes are all good builders.

Old 07-02-2008, 05:01 AM

4,139 posts, read 4,525,447 times
I had a home build by Bob Ward back in 1998. They were great. They allowed me to change the blueprints even during construction, change window locations, move walls etc. And, unlike so many other local builders, I had no problems after the job was done, e.g., no nail pops thru drywall or other nusuances. They are quite reasonably priced and you don't feel like an anonymous buyer when dealing with them. Friends who purchased homes from the local big builders such as Ryland, Ryan and others complained that they experienced customer service problems. I never had any problems with Bob Ward. Not sure where they are building these days (based in Harford County) but, if you own a private lot I'm sure they would work with you. If you are looking for "high end" builders the primary one here is Toll Brothers however, friends of mine who have a "Toll" house were not happy with the finished product. Best of luck.

Old 07-02-2008, 05:10 AM

2,079 posts, read 4,950,357 times
Check out Lennar Homes

Old 07-02-2008, 04:46 PM

5 posts, read 39,944 times
Thanks for the input

Old 09-14-2011, 10:33 AM

2 posts, read 15,765 times
I would suggest J Paul Custom Homes & Renovations. They do some beautiful homes and did mine. Fast, price appropriate, professional. Best of all, the house looks great.

http://www.jpaulbuilders.com

Old 09-14-2011, 12:28 PM

211 posts, read 451,128 times
I would recommend Richmond American Homes and possibly NVR which is a division of Ryan.
Make sure you have a good negotiator on your side. There is a lot that goes into building a new home.
Good luck and welcome to Maryland.

Old 09-14-2011, 09:28 PM

2 posts, read 15,911 times
You can also try Churchill builders, they are building in fort Washington. Community is called Washington overlook. You can visit their site at Churchillbuilders.com. Good luck and welcome to MD!

Old 09-15-2011, 12:52 PM

1,820 posts, read 4,491,182 times
I agree with the posts about Ryland, Ryan homes... Horrible cutover service and absolutely mo flexibility with their floor plans. It is what it is...

Old 09-15-2011, 01:47 PM

59 posts, read 168,090 times
Lennar Home is pretty good. Jury is out on Baldwin Homes... they were not so quick to address some of the issues in the house, bleh...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland