Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2008, 08:07 PM

5 posts, read 20,453 times

Advertisements

I get so offended when I hear people saying "im looking at buying a home near the trailer park but the crime is so bad there"....I have lived in Deep Run Park for over 6 years now and the only crimes I hear of ((Armed robbery-theft-breaking n entering)) actually comes from outsiders that come into the park to commit them...Not from residence of Deep Run...I have a relative that lives a mile down 108 in Montgomery Run Condos and they have the same amount of crime there...So just because this is affordable housing doesnt make us criminals or low life for living here...I actually have a 6 figure job and choose to live here and by not having a $4000. a month mortgage I can afford to spoil my kids more.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2008, 09:51 AM

6,470 posts, read 16,391,935 times
Hmm. I think some people don't want to live next to a trailer park even if it were the most crime free place on earth. I think it has something to do with status. You can be a victim of crime no matter where you live. I think it's kind of sad that many people seem to think like this. I'm not excluding myself, because I have this way of thinking too. Just recently I have tried to think about how considering an area "bad" or not wanting to live with less-advantaged people is helping me, our society or our country. I don't think it helps. We look down on people who live in an area that's "bad" and try to spend as much money as we can to live in a "nice" area. Maybe if more people tried to curtail that type of thought MD would be a nicer place to live. That's a hard mindset to change, and I'm not immune. We have everything in this state, and I think that if we all treated one another better and tried to be less snobbish it would be a truly wonderful place to live for everyone.

Old 09-07-2008, 11:20 AM

45 posts, read 233,842 times
The crime rate here, in my opinion is not bad. My car was only broken into once in the 6 years I have been a land and home owning resident here. Although I believe someone has stolen one of my garden gnomes. I have notified the neighborhood patrol, and they are investigating the abduction.

Old 12-18-2008, 02:41 PM

21 posts, read 48,657 times
My Wife and I may be interested in renting a Unit in either The Village of Deep Run and Deep Run Park . We've just moved here from Colorado and are amazed at the high rental prices for tiny apartments, etc in this area. Any info you might give us on this would sure be appreciated. Thanks!

Old 12-23-2008, 09:40 PM

sure, there are two houses on sale here with land, one is 129,000.

Old 01-02-2009, 06:14 AM

We're looking to rent, not buy.Thanks!

Old 01-07-2009, 05:17 AM

Default Renting in Deep Run

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoOrioles View Post
We're looking to rent, not buy.Thanks!
In Deep Run Park they dont allow Trailers to be rented out..you must buy.

Old 01-11-2009, 08:07 AM

Oh yes, in Deep Run Village, you must purchase a home and land combination to live in this here "trailer park" for us "less-advantaged" people. and you must have a perfect credit score and come up with and eighty percent down payment. and you must pay home owners insurance and TAXES also. They run about 2000 a year. It has to do with "STATUS" after all. There are plenty of apartment projects just asking for renters. Why not try living in the projects? You can avoid the label of "Trailer trash" and rent.

Old 01-17-2009, 08:53 AM

Well I certainly didn't mean to turn my question into a discussion about status and less-advantaged people. I simply want to live as well as possible, costing as little as possible. I consider that to be smart.

Old 01-21-2009, 07:32 AM

MRSWOOGIE..I dont think that GOORIOLES was calling us less advantaged people or trailer trash..They were simply asking if these trailers get rented because of the high rent that they want on tiny apartments and if you are going to pay that much for that little you may aswell rent something with some space...but as we stated..They do not rent trailers...You must purchase them..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland