Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-12-2006, 09:12 AM

18 posts, read 137,779 times

Advertisements

We will be looking at a house in West Creek Village in the township of Elkton. I know NOTHING about this area, we are in NJ now. My DH is being transferred and I would like to know if this is a family neighborhood? Please PM me if you dont want to post publicly. I want to know the good AND the bad.
We have 4 kids and want a safe neighborhood that is kept up nicely.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2006, 05:18 PM

165 posts, read 926,002 times
Red face West Creek Village Elkton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakk
We will be looking at a house in West Creek Village in the township of Elkton. I know NOTHING about this area, we are in NJ now. My DH is being transferred and I would like to know if this is a family neighborhood? Please PM me if you dont want to post publicly. I want to know the good AND the bad.

Elkton will put you about an hour or just a little over north of Baltimore which isn't bad at all.

The only things I know about West Creek Village is the apartments out there don't have the best ratings in the world in regards to quality of neighbors and management support in fixing the noise pollution.

I'd put a web link for more information but it's truely a waste of our time so I'll PM it to you to read comments for your own opinions.

Good luck with the move and your DH new job...

John

Old 07-12-2006, 05:40 PM

18 posts, read 137,779 times
Thank you! I PM'd you a reply.

Old 06-03-2007, 10:25 PM

1 posts, read 8,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakk View Post
My son just moved to West Creek Village. The neighborhood that you must go through to get to West Creek is known for its drug infestation and low income residents. The whole surrounding area is not considered "Nice". The appearance of the homes in the area you must drive through "Winding Brook", is very run down for the most part and the road you must travel about the same. If you can put blinders on until you get to West Creek it would be fine. The two bedroom apartment is very spacious and has a private entrance. I would have to think twice before I moved there and then still turn it down.
A nice place to rent is across Rt.279 from West Creek. STONEGATE APARTMENTS are very nice and also THE MEADOWS APARTMENTS on Muddy Lane in Elkton. There is PINE VALLEY which is VERY nice, but pricey. Check out Pine Valley, the area is good and the grounds all well kept and there are many ammenities that may appeal to your family. Good Luck I have lived in Elkton forever.

Old 06-15-2007, 06:02 AM

1 posts, read 8,752 times
I personally owned the home that borders Winding Brook and West Creek Village (118 Winchester Dr) Growing up as a kid i lived in Winding Brook also (prior to the drugs and violence) The homeowners association had discussed the option of placing a retaining wall between the 2 neighborhoods and closing the entrance that connects them. One problem, the pond at the entrance to West creek, floods during heavy rain, making it impossible to pass and you are forced to drive through ghetto. Regardless, it is a wonderful neighborhood for families with young children, several in-home daycares that I highly recommend. The value of the homes and the people are going up with the new construction in the back of the neighborhood. Just keep an eye on your children and you will be fine. **In the spring time when the pear trees are flowering along all the sidewalks...the neighborhood is BEAUTIFUL!!

Old 06-17-2007, 02:43 PM

6 posts, read 44,500 times
Default West Creek

I live in the same area. While West Creek Village appears very nice , it is near a troubled area that, in spite of some residents best efforts, has problems. There is also a major trucking center directly opposite the entrance to said developement.
The area is beautiful with many nice developemtns where your family could be very happy. There are many ammentities nearby and the community is very nice. Elkton has a lot to offer with a community college that is growing and a good solid school system, but you might want to look a little closer. We have lived here 21 years and our kids have gone to public schools and we have been quite happy. We live out near Fair Hill which seems to be growing by leaps and bounds. Best of luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland