Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-21-2008, 04:54 PM

2,954 posts, read 12,302,963 times

Advertisements

Question for anyone who can help.

My girlfriend got a beautiful antique bedroom set a year or two back at a store that she thinks was in Whitman. She said the person's name with whom she dealt was Rich, and that the store may or may not have been named Rich's as well. She also recalls that they once had another store, perhaps in Hanover.

I am now looking to get a bedroom set and would love to get something along the same lines, and for about the same price, as what she got. Unfortunately she doesn't remember the details on the store and my independent research has not turned up anything concrete.

She got a gorgeous refurbished mahogany bed frame, a dresser, and a chest of drawers for something between $1500 to $2000. It looks great and is very solid, and seems to me a better deal than getting something new at Jordan's or whatever (unless they do a Patriots Super Bowl freebie!!!!). I am wondering if any of you are familiar with the store where she got it, or with any store in the general Boston area where I might get a deal like that.

Thanks a lot!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2008, 05:32 PM

10,012 posts, read 15,659,151 times
I've seen this place advertised: Furniture Consignment Gallery

I don't know how good it is? Have you tried estate sales?

Old 01-21-2008, 07:10 PM

13 posts, read 60,863 times
There was a Rich's Furniture on the Weymouth/Hingham line that closed for good a few months ago (there's still a sign that says something like, "Thanks for a great 52 years").

I think Jordan's has some decent deals (you just have to look past the insanely expensive stuff ) -- my husband and I got a bedroom set for a pretty reasonable price over the summer. There's also Bob's Discount Furniture, but you have to be careful because you do get what you pay for ...

Old 01-22-2008, 06:22 AM

639 posts, read 3,527,678 times
Smile Another thing...

Watch craigslist too because one of my friends got the most beautiful and I mean stunning 4 poster mahogany bedroom set I ever saw in my entire life on it. This woman was selling the whole thing because she was moving and the set was too big for the room she wanted it for; also she wanted one of those sleigh bedroom sets instead. This 4 poster bedroom set is just awesome and guess how much it was? $1500 for everything, it's worth at least $6,000. So watch this site because a lot of times it's amazing what you can get on it and what people are selling due to redecorating. My friend made sure they were hand dovetailed drawers and all that too, the quality of this whole set is just gorgeous.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts