Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Regulation and Taxation of Marijuana Initiative
Support 26 76.47%
Oppose 4 11.76%
Undecided 4 11.76%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2016, 10:15 AM

4,848 posts, read 11,820,322 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikabike View Post
That is where I oppose legalization or quasilegalization, too. I don't care if someone gets totally stoned or high or drunk or whatever in their own home, as long as they don't drive or otherwise endanger someone else. Period.

People's own perceptions of their condition are notoriously inaccurate when it comes to substance abuse.
I just happened to see this related article during my lunch break:

Study finds connection between legal marijuana and fatal car crashes - News and reviews - Boston.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2016, 10:19 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,995,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parsec View Post
I just happened to see this related article during my lunch break:

Study finds connection between legal marijuana and fatal car crashes - News and reviews - Boston.com
The problem with those studies is that it is based on "marijuana in the system" which is different from being under the influence of marijuana. Being oil based, it stays in the system for weeks and weeks after the effects wears off.

Old 05-12-2016, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
The problem with those studies is that it is based on "marijuana in the system" which is different from being under the influence of marijuana. Being oil based, it stays in the system for weeks and weeks after the effects wears off.
Interesting. I know nothing about marijuana - never smoked or even seen it in my life. Is there a way for an officer to pull someone over and test if they are under the influence of marijuana? Kinda like a breathalizer for alcohol.

Old 05-12-2016, 11:02 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,995,252 times
Quote:
Interesting. I know nothing about marijuana - never smoked or even seen it in my life. Is there a way for an officer to pull someone over and test if they are under the influence of marijuana? Kinda like a breathalizer for alcohol.
No. None at all.

I kind of want to ask how you've never seen it, its ubiquitous. But whatever.

Old 05-12-2016, 11:29 AM

787 posts, read 781,894 times
When I was out in LA it was all over the place. They had these "green doctors" along the Venice boardwalk. The girl I was staying with at the time had a license to buy because of "anxiety."

All I am going to say was the food tasted REALLY good on that vacation and I got some of the best sleep of my life.

Old 05-12-2016, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
No. None at all.

I kind of want to ask how you've never seen it, its ubiquitous. But whatever.
I'm a law abiding citizen Seriously, I've never had the desire to smoke it and I don't know anyone who does. It's not something that people just put out on their desk at work either. Maybe I've seen it in public, but I had no idea what it was at the time and didn't dwell on it. I just googled it and it doesn't look familiar either. I guess I just never cared enough to find out what it looked or smelled like.

Old 05-12-2016, 01:34 PM

6,460 posts, read 7,803,024 times
Quote:
I'm a law abiding citizen Seriously, I've never had the desire to smoke it and I don't know anyone who does. It's not something that people just put out on their desk at work either. Maybe I've seen it in public, but I had no idea what it was at the time and didn't dwell on it. I just googled it and it doesn't look familiar either. I guess I just never cared enough to find out what it looked or smelled like.
Didn’t you go to high school or college? Did you attend “Under a Rock University”?

I joke.

Old 05-12-2016, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonMike7 View Post
It's still a disqualifier to the state of MA.
I didn’t click the links but from the descriptions, am assuming that one can’t get a gun if cited with marijuana. If my assumption is right, that (like many laws) is dumb. Alcohol and guns is much more dangerous than grass and guns.

And I like alcohol so you can tell where my support for MJ legalization stands.

Old 05-12-2016, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-fused View Post
Didn’t you go to high school or college? Did you attend “Under a Rock University”?

I joke.
Very funny. The Jewish frat across the street from me was the place to buy pot on campus. I just never had an urge to walk over and buy it. I don't know why this is so hard for some people to comprehend. It's like talking to someone who doesn't drink alcohol. It's not common, but it's not rare either.

Old 05-12-2016, 01:45 PM

Quote:
I just never had an urge to walk over and buy it. I don't know why this is so hard for some people to comprehend. It's like talking to someone who doesn't drink alcohol. It's not common, but it's not rare either.
Nerd!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts