Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2018, 09:04 AM

22 posts, read 16,460 times

Advertisements

Doesn't it increase due to minimum wage, the wage in NC is like dirt cheap.
Also what about Fitchburg, Athol...
Proximity to NJ is something that can kinda matter too
How is Western Mass thought of in Eastern Mass
Is Six Flags New England fun?

Last edited by asdfomg19; 04-03-2018 at 09:14 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2018, 09:10 AM

7,235 posts, read 7,038,065 times
So the father in this "scenario" is relocating but doesn't know anything about cost of living, housing costs, schools and hasn't actually looked for a job? And will be living on or near the poverty line and likely relying on welfare/housing assistance?

All so junior can live near some accents and sports fans he finds pleasing?

Hmmmm. Seems legit.

Old 04-03-2018, 09:31 AM

4,795 posts, read 4,822,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantabridgienne View Post
So the father in this "scenario" is relocating but doesn't know anything about cost of living, housing costs, schools and hasn't actually looked for a job? And will be living on or near the poverty line and likely relying on welfare/housing assistance?

All so junior can live near some accents and sports fans he finds pleasing?

Hmmmm. Seems legit.
Not to mention junior expects Advanced Auto parts to transfer his job anywhere he wants. I've never heard of retail job that will transfer someone to another state. Usually they'll set up an interview at new location if they have openings.

Old 04-03-2018, 09:51 AM

6,301 posts, read 9,643,596 times
OP, just for kicks, why don't you visit New Hampshire and introduce yourself to everyone you meet on the street as a proud M@sshole, who doesn't want to live near French Canadians and see how many friends you make? I hope you can run fast.

Old 04-03-2018, 10:44 AM

No, like I mean I dont wanna live with too many hipsters, coffeehouses crap like that.

He works at a Dunhams now but there is none in NE. With his experience in sporting goods retail he could get a job easier than someone who's never worked at a sporting goods store so he plans to go for that.

Also you guys obviously have no idea how Advance Auto works

And nah he doesn't work at a Cabelas or Bass Pro type place. I'm not too keen on those places all that much. His store sells fishing and hunting items but they are much more diverse in what they sell then a place like Cabelas or Bass Pro

Old 04-03-2018, 10:48 AM

2,190 posts, read 2,232,941 times
At 25k that's minimum wage in MA. You can basically work anywhere, there are tons of available jobs at minimum wage. In fact if you can speak English and are somewhat reliable it isn't hard to get a job above minimum wage that would make over 30k, even without much experience or special skills. This is eastern mass though, NH minimum is lower and the RI unemployment rate is higher.

Since he works at advanced auto does he have enough knowledge about cars to work at a repair shop or car dealer? I know there is a shortage of auto repair technicians in eastern mass.

What i'm saying is that it isn't hard to get a job that pays a bit more then 25k a year in Massachusetts.

Old 04-03-2018, 10:49 AM

10,018 posts, read 15,662,194 times
No offense, but I think maybe your father should join the forum so we can give him the facts directly.

Old 04-03-2018, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanms3030 View Post
Wants to move away from white rednecks but to a place where everyone is of Western European decent and doesn't realize that French are of Western European decent. Anyway, in your price range in MA /RI you'll probably be in a neighborhood surrounded by Brazilians, Dominicans, Puerto Ricans and Indians. Best to look in rural Vermont or Maine for price and whiteness you're looking for
I know that French people are of western European descent.

I just don't really like french people im mainly german

Old 04-03-2018, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseyB View Post
No offense, but I think maybe your father should join the forum so we can give him the facts directly.
Understandable, no offense taken.
My father is working and so am I. I just have a lighter schedule to post to this thread occasionally so he doesn't really have the time to get on.

Old 04-03-2018, 10:52 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,957,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by asdfomg19 View Post
I know that French people are of western European descent.

I just don't really like french people im mainly german

Free Alsace
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts