Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-12-2019, 12:52 AM

2,041 posts, read 1,525,745 times

Advertisements

I think the NFL should force him to sell. This is yet another black mark on Boston area sports. I resent Kraft. Brady's okay because everyone loves Brady. Even the people who hate Brady love Brady, but barely anyone loves Bob Kraft. Get out and good riddance, Kraft.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2019, 07:53 AM

10,029 posts, read 15,679,858 times
They aren't going to force him to sell.

Old 03-12-2019, 09:06 AM

12,873 posts, read 22,046,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdovell View Post
If he went multiple times then he probably knew what was going on. Was he the direct target of the investigation? Probably not. But it's who showed up. Heck imagine if it was Chris Hanson on the other end
I don't think he knew the women were trafficked. But I also don't think that's a good enough excuse and that's the big takeaway from this case for me. I think this is a perfect example of a situation where someone would choose to be blissfully ignorant. I think most people in his shoes (looking for "services") have only one thing on their mind, and are somewhere between being simply tuned out to anything else and intentionally trying not to pay attention to the details. It's about the happy ending and nothing else. Enjoy the hot dog, don't worry about how it's made - that's the approach these guys take.

Maybe I'm putting too much faith in humanity, but I'd like to think that Kraft and most people in the same boat would probably look elsewhere for "services" if they realized that sex trafficking was taking place. But I also don't think most people in that situation are going to take even the slightest bit of an effort to do any detective work to find out. Homer Simpson once said, "If I can't see it, it's not illegal."

Old 03-12-2019, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseyB View Post
They aren't going to force him to sell.
No, they won't. He'll likely be suspended for a while and fined. Jonathan Kraft will take over in his absence.

Old 03-12-2019, 06:30 PM

15,802 posts, read 20,526,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lrfox View Post
No, they won't. He'll likely be suspended for a while and fined. Jonathan Kraft will take over in his absence.
I wouldn't be surprised if he begins to step down.

Old 03-12-2019, 07:45 PM

7,927 posts, read 7,823,402 times
It's an odd similarity but look at what is happening to Wynn Boston. A name change isn't enough. They found out he was known by staff in doing that and they were removed. I can easily see another delay with Wynn. They don't even have an opening date and yet are hiring. I have a feeling we still could see it fall through the cracks.

On a side note. The fact that MGM could land a deal with the Red Sox and yet Wynn is easily closer to Boston and is a project that's 3x,the price is shocking. If they don't have confidence in Wynn then who has for Kraft?

How many people at Kraft want to stay working there? Think of customers, employees, suppliers and advertisers. If any of these drop it could be a signal.

Old 03-13-2019, 12:39 PM

24,559 posts, read 18,281,854 times
Quote:
It's an odd similarity but look at what is happening to Wynn Boston. A name change isn't enough. They found out he was known by staff in doing that and they were removed. I can easily see another delay with Wynn. They don't even have an opening date and yet are hiring. I have a feeling we still could see it fall through the cracks.

On a side note. The fact that MGM could land a deal with the Red Sox and yet Wynn is easily closer to Boston and is a project that's 3x,the price is shocking. If they don't have confidence in Wynn then who has for Kraft?

How many people at Kraft want to stay working there? Think of customers, employees, suppliers and advertisers. If any of these drop it could be a signal.

6 Super Bowl trophies says otherwise. This is sports where my guy can be a juicer, wife beater, or murderer and he's still my guy. Manny being Manny. Steve Wright has a domestic abuse history and is a juicer. The Patriots gave us Aaron Hernandez. The rest of the country can point and hate but locally, there's going to be a tribal circling of the wagons just like every other time some sports guy does something that anyone other than Trump would get crucified for.

Old 03-13-2019, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffD View Post
6 Super Bowl trophies says otherwise. This is sports where my guy can be a juicer, wife beater, or murderer and he's still my guy. Manny being Manny. Steve Wright has a domestic abuse history and is a juicer. The Patriots gave us Aaron Hernandez. The rest of the country can point and hate but locally, there's going to be a tribal circling of the wagons just like every other time some sports guy does something that anyone other than Trump would get crucified for.
Exactly. Not many people are jumping ship. And what's more, is Kraft is not on the field. Fans can make the mental separation between the owner and the team on the field. Furthermore, the Wynn situation is not analogous at all. Primarily because they're at the mercy of two completely different forces - public opinion vs. a regulatory body. The Patriots, one of the most loved local brands, are beloved in spite of the some of the negative moments now and in the past. In order for them to fail, they have to fail in the eyes of New Englanders. Good luck shifting the tide of public opinion in one of the few areas where extreme bias (being a "diehard fan") is not only accepted, but encouraged. Sustained losing is about the only thing that will cause people to jump ship. And even then, start winning again, and people will hop right back on the bandwagon.

Wynn's not dealing with the court of public opinion, nor does the brand enjoy anywhere close to the same regard and rabid support that the Patriots have. Wynn is dealing with state regulators which is apples and bananas different from what's going on with Kraft and the Patriots. If the state board decides Wynn (sorry, "Encore") doesn't open, it doesn't open. Period. If the board allows Wynn to open, people will go regardless of his own legal issues.

Finally, if (and this is a huge if) somehow the Patriots brand was tarnished financially by what's going on with Kraft, the easy answer is for Robert to "step away" and transfer control to his son Jonathan. That way the team can distance itself, Robert can step out of the spotlight (though almost certainly remain involved), and Jonathan can take the next step in his career.

Old 03-14-2019, 03:26 AM

7,927 posts, read 7,823,402 times
Kraft runs things through the Kraft Group. It would take much for him to leave or sell it off or at the least change the name. People aren't really thinking of football now. Basketball and hockey and a bit of baseball.

There are differences between what the league, the state and towns can do. It's looking worse for Kraft though. If more pulls out from kraft properties it hits the bottom line.

Old 03-14-2019, 06:10 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,989,150 times
Quote:
Kraft runs things through the Kraft Group. It would take much for him to leave or sell it off or at the least change the name. People aren't really thinking of football now. Basketball and hockey and a bit of baseball.

Oh, I think they are. Free agency discussions dominate right now, probably over all of those, until March Madness starts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts