Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Memphis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2010, 09:15 AM

3 posts, read 28,707 times

Advertisements

I agree with Natsher! Called comcast 2weeks ago and sched an installation they never showed up. Called today for follow up. Waited 30 mins before able to speak to a person then only to find out they don't hav any appointments for us. Arrgh Really bad service! Went to diff provider..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2010, 11:07 AM

128 posts, read 462,321 times
I looked into Dish Network out of curiosity and found out that their satellite dishes need to point west. A guy came to my apartment to assess signal quality and did not find any good spot.

I don't know what if any direction the dishes have to be for DirectTV.

Just keep that in mind if you are considering Dish Network.

Old 11-16-2010, 10:07 AM

278 posts, read 993,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsgillmd View Post
I looked into Dish Network out of curiosity and found out that their satellite dishes need to point west. A guy came to my apartment to assess signal quality and did not find any good spot.

I don't know what if any direction the dishes have to be for DirectTV.

Just keep that in mind if you are considering Dish Network.
Dish Network also requires a satelite dish for every television set.

Old 11-16-2010, 02:48 PM

Sory for reviving this old thread, but I found a really good deal today.

If you currently have DirecTV, you can bundle with AT&T internet (6mbps for $24.99/month, or 3mbps speed for $19.99/month). You also receive $10.00 off your DirecTV bill for a year for bundling. With that offer, you can use your own modem with ZERO connection fees. If you don't have a modem, you can purchase one (that you keep forever) for $75 on a standard modem or $100 for a wireless modem. The monthly price IS NOT a promotional period and is the standard rate.

So basically, you get internet at 6mbps for $24.99 and you're getting $10 off your DirecTV bill... making your internet price $14.99/month. Compare that to paying $40-50 for Comcast. I'm getting the hook up next week. I was told there are no term commitments on this deal.

It also works with Verizon and Qwest internet.
http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/content/directv/internet

Old 11-16-2010, 10:20 PM

61 posts, read 206,929 times
I would double check this. After reading on the AT&T website... I think this is promotional pricing for 12 months and then it goes to the regular pricing. I could be wrong though.

Old 11-17-2010, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by westtnman View Post
I would double check this. After reading on the AT&T website... I think this is promotional pricing for 12 months and then it goes to the regular pricing. I could be wrong though.
Yep, you are right. I asked and they assured me it wasn't a promotional period. After receiving the confirmation emails, it said the price is for twelve months.
The original price after the twelve months is still going to be cheaper than what I was paying with Comcast.

Old 11-22-2010, 07:13 AM

738 posts, read 2,576,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShelbyCop View Post
Yep, you are right. I asked and they assured me it wasn't a promotional period. After receiving the confirmation emails, it said the price is for twelve months.
The original price after the twelve months is still going to be cheaper than what I was paying with Comcast.
I have had AT&T and DirecTV for almost 3 years now. There was an intro deal, then the price went up. It's been really reliable. My neighbors who have Comcast are always complaining about outages. I've had a few with AT&T, and their service was slow, but it's up and running 99% of the time. DirecTV customer service is very responsive, and any outages due to bad weather are very short-lived.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Memphis