Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Memphis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-13-2007, 12:04 AM

38 posts, read 144,638 times

Advertisements

Seems all the negative posts about Memphis are contributed to by the same few members... Maybe a good idea to identify them and disregard what they say and move on to the more proactive and positive posts by so many more members. I think we may all find that there will be honest pros and cons about the areas we seek from the positive posters rather than the "I hate this place, you would never want to live or visit here" posters.

My 0.02
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2007, 07:09 AM

3,371 posts, read 13,379,478 times
This has been discussed ad nauseum on here, by people who live here. You have stated you do not live in Memphis, so no offense, but I think your 0.02 worth regarding our town is not valid. Once you have traveled here and get a feel for the town, feel free to express your opinions. When you have never been here, please do not put those of us who have lived here for decades down and act like we are lying or making things up. There are plenty of us on this forum who live here, have lived here for years, or used to live here for years, who have valid negative and positive things to say about Memphis.

Old 09-13-2007, 10:08 AM

232 posts, read 796,188 times
Provide all the negative feedback you please..........just use facts rather than absurd, made-up opinions. That's all I ask. That's really all anyone asks. I use facts when I provide the positive, so give the facts when post your negatives.

Oh what do I know? I don't really love it here, I've just been "coached" into telling everyone else I do.

Old 09-13-2007, 10:36 AM

1,703 posts, read 6,316,168 times
Memphis gets 'beat up on' frequently. It gets old.

Old 09-13-2007, 12:38 PM

738 posts, read 2,576,460 times
It does seem strange to me that there are a few residents who continually visit this forum to talk about how much they hate Memphis. If I lived in a city I didn't like, I would not spend a whole lot of time on a forum about that city. It does seem to detract from the valid information-seeking people (like me) are doing at this site.

Maybe Memphis is so incredibly cool, they don't want the secret out!

-Still considering.

Old 09-13-2007, 12:54 PM

3,371 posts, read 13,379,478 times
People are more likely to go online to make a complaint about things than to rave about it. When you buy something that doesn't work, you call and make a complaint about it. You don't call up Sony 4 years after buying a TV to tell them "yep, it's still working great! just wanted to let you know!"

So keep that in mind. People who have nothing better to do tend to whine and moan about stuff.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Memphis