Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Memphis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-04-2023, 02:34 AM

6 posts, read 4,764 times

Advertisements

I'm gonna be blunt

I love this city. I love the black culture ( its so hospitable).
I'm not even from here and I'm not even from the south, but I visited and I loved the feel of the city ( I spent the majority of the time no where near Beale street)
People here have a strong and hospitable demeanor here and it's real with lots of character.
Its down to earth and humble here.
Its friendly here and theres proud people here.
Before I came here to visit a freind, I didnt know what to expect.
That being said, it was a real experience.
I had so much great soul food, southern food here.
I could feel the love and soul in the food I had.
It was a blessed experience.
I just want y'all to know, you have another fan for your city.
Its all love and hospitality!

Yours truly!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2023, 01:58 PM

472 posts, read 346,208 times
So glad you enjoyed it! I love Memphis, and the Memphis area. I think it has a wonderfully unique culture, great food, and decent folks. Glad you had a good time!

Old 07-04-2023, 09:20 PM

6 posts, read 4,764 times
Yep, it was good.
I was visiting from metairie, la

By the way, I'm so happy for the hardworking oakhaven neighborhood, it was such a hardworking african american area! So happy for the success there

Old 07-06-2023, 07:27 PM

841 posts, read 824,744 times
Good to read something positive about Memphis. I mostly grew up in Southeast Memphis in the area now called Hickory Hill. All I ever see from most of my childhood friends who still live in the area is a lot of negativity.

Old 04-07-2024, 07:15 PM

1 posts, read 117 times
Man, it's great to see some people who feel the same way. I recently drove down to WM to visit some family and spent most of my time across the bridge. We went everywhere! (well, almost...the city is humongous)I'm talking from Downtown to Frayser, from South Memphis to Bartlett, and from Whitehaven to Harbor Town.

Coming from Southwest Arkansas and not having to deal with the Anglo-Saxon Protestant, redneck, lifted trucks, a confederate flag in the window, "no, where are you really from?", born-here-gonna-die-here type rhetoric I'm used to for a week was a breath of fresh air, you have no idea. (Although, in hindsight, after checking out this particular forum, I'd imagine I was just in the right parts of the city at the right time. Who knows.)

I just had a really great time, checked out a few black-owned vegan spots (Shroomlicious Meals & The Garden Brunch Cafe has my heart, seriously), caught a TONE art exhibit and one of their workshops, just great people. Memphis will always have a part of my heart; I'm even considering moving to the city. I'm not sure; the progressiveness of the North is calling me back and I'm probably going to answer.

Old 04-15-2024, 09:07 AM

1,728 posts, read 1,888,650 times
Attended the final Memphis Grizzlies game of the season at FedEx Forum yesterday since the Grizzlies not going to the playoffs this year. Afterwards Downtown Memphis was popping. Beale Street, South Main , Riverside, the Trolley's and the Pyramid was buzzing, saw Married Couples taking Wedding pics by the river lol, Construction Cranes putting up new buildings. The game let out about 4:30pm so this was Broad Daylight so it didn't feel dangerous like at night when stuff gets crazy down there. I'm not going to say I Love Memphis because of some of the negatives but I will say I have a soft spot for what it's doing with it's downtown. If Memphis can put Safety First, And keep building on its downtown we may have something special in the future

Last edited by BlueRedTide; 04-15-2024 at 09:22 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Memphis
View detailed profiles of: