Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Memphis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2009, 10:08 AM

22 posts, read 61,178 times

Advertisements

Are there any? I've searched and a lot have had their phone numbers disconnected, so I'm guessing they went out of business. John Casablancas and John Robert Powers are schools. Does anyone know any agencies? That would be great!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2009, 10:47 AM

2,353 posts, read 5,378,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whoagirl12 View Post
Are there any? I've searched and a lot have had their phone numbers disconnected, so I'm guessing they went out of business. John Casablancas and John Robert Powers are schools. Does anyone know any agencies? That would be great!
My neighbor use to own "Colors Modeling Agency" She sold it about 2 years ago to an outfit out of Nashville.

However, I know she still is still involved in the business to a degree . I know that alot of the chain modeling agency are rip offs, they will have you sign contracts, take boat loads of pictures, tell you your the next
Adrianna Lima and make you pay huge up front fees.

If you would like, I will speak with her and see if she has any ideas.

I don't know any kind way to ask this but, How old are you? What is your height/weight?

Old 10-17-2009, 11:25 AM

I am 15. I will be 16 this December! I am 5'8" and i weigh around 135. I don't particularly think I am fat but I may need to lose a few pounds which I am willing to do.

Old 10-17-2009, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoagirl12 View Post
I am 15. I will be 16 this December! I am 5'8" and i weigh around 135. I don't particularly think I am fat but I may need to lose a few pounds which I am willing to do.
I will see what she says, I'll see her at some point this weekend and see what I can find out Good Luck

Old 10-17-2009, 01:20 PM

Thank you so much!

Old 10-17-2009, 02:19 PM

I'm a bit confused...I haven't seen my neighbor yet, but while sitting here I Googled Colors Modeling Agency.

Looks like they have a presence here still, but whats odd is I remember my neighbor selling it. There was even an article in the newspaper

www.colorsagency.com

Anywho, check this out ^^^ and I'll get back with you when I have more info:

Old 10-17-2009, 06:40 PM

I know. I tried calling the number on the site a while ago, and it was disconnected.

Old 10-18-2009, 06:38 PM

O.K. After giving this more thought I have a question

How am I to ask my neighbor about how to get a modeling gig for a 15 year old girl I met online

I'm not up on all the laws, I'm not even sure I should be giving you advice.I do not want to end up with John Stosell jamming a mic in my grill asking: Sir, Sir What were you thinking

Another thing, I would imagine the agencys are struggling like just about every other industry.They relie so much on advertising and most companys have scaled back on there ad budgets

I suppose I could just be honest about it and hope they know me well enough to know, but then again whenever you see a news crew interview the neighbors of a serial killer they always say: He seemed like a really nice/normal guy

Anywho, I guess keep checking back. Maybe I'll work up the nerve to ask

Old 10-18-2009, 06:54 PM

242 posts, read 974,938 times
I dont see a problem. I would just tell her you saw someone posted on City Data looking for a legit modeling agency in Memphis. Just ask her for the current phone number, then post it here for all to see!

I do see the issue, but i think if you are clear that you saw a post on this website and just trying to help, you shouldnt have anyone questioning your involvment. After all, you've never talked to her otherwise.

To the OP, have you looked in the phone book??? Those are published every year and kept pretty up to date. You have to buy a years listing, but have to pay again every year to keep it going. So they should be somewhat up to date. Another option is you can look up major modeling companies and request information to local branches or businesses they reccomend.

Old 10-19-2009, 09:01 PM

Haha sorry, 901 I didn't even think of that. Thank you though! And Pixie, I didn't even think of that either. I'm need to get with it. Thank you both so much.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Memphis
View detailed profiles of: