Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Memphis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-17-2016, 01:26 PM

28 posts, read 107,222 times

Advertisements

We are looking to move to somewhere around memphis. I am looking for a safe area where my wife can feel like she can go on walks with our little girl. Does anyone know which hospital pays the most? or are they all about the same? I will be a recent graduate and looking for move from jonesboro to get paid more in memphis. I'm not sure what area might be good for us, but we would be open to anything around memphis. We also want to keep out rent down to a manageable level and not pay too much for that. Please let me know if you have any information that might help, thanks!
Brody
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2016, 07:12 PM

7,542 posts, read 17,235,568 times
If you'll stay in your house until schools are important, then I'd suggest putting in some research into the public and private schools in Memphis. Generally, the suburban school systems are good (Germantown and Collierville are best, then trailing probably Bartlett, North Mississippi, Lakeland, Arlington, roughly). Some folks are happy with optional programs at White Station in East Memphis, and Peabody or Snowden in Midtown.

As far as safe areas for walking - what's your rough house budget?

Old 02-18-2016, 06:19 AM

737 posts, read 1,916,871 times
Hospitals have doctors and hospitals have cleaning staff. So, your pay is pretty dependent on your job. Without knowing that, we have no clue what you're looking for.

Since you have a child, I assume you'd need a 2 bedroom rental. In a good area with good schools, that would be around $1,000. Germantown, Collierville. But if your child isn't school age yet and your wife is a stay at home mom, and you are okay with renting and then moving later to a better school district, or if you plan on doing private school, you can live just about anywhere for now.

Old 02-20-2016, 06:53 PM

159 posts, read 157,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CristenS View Post
Hospitals have doctors and hospitals have cleaning staff. So, your pay is pretty dependent on your job. Without knowing that, we have no clue what you're looking for.
Not sure, but the title of the thread makes me think the OP may be an RN.

Old 02-22-2016, 08:27 AM

737 posts, read 1,916,871 times
I see that now, I apologize. RN can still mean a few different things for nurses though.

But if he means Registered Nurse, I'm not sure any one institution in the area pays significantly more...otherwise everyone would want to work there. As always, night shifts and weekend work pays the best.

Old 03-11-2016, 01:32 PM

5,342 posts, read 14,140,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brody31 View Post
We are looking to move to somewhere around memphis. I am looking for a safe area where my wife can feel like she can go on walks with our little girl. Does anyone know which hospital pays the most? or are they all about the same? I will be a recent graduate and looking for move from jonesboro to get paid more in memphis. I'm not sure what area might be good for us, but we would be open to anything around memphis. We also want to keep out rent down to a manageable level and not pay too much for that. Please let me know if you have any information that might help, thanks!
Brody
Baptist Collierville or Baptist-Desoto

Old 03-14-2016, 09:27 PM

3 posts, read 6,591 times
Not sure what your budget is, but I think the best schools would be either in Collierville or Germantown although those are more expensive areas to live in. Both areas are very safe. Bartlett, Arlington or Lakeland would be other options that are a little bit cheaper and more for your money. Those areas are safe too. As far as hospitals, they are all close in pay. I believe Baptist East pays the most and Regional One. Methodist has great benefits, but I think they may start a dollar less. I'm not too sure about St. Francis other than they do a sign on bonus! If you can I would reccomend applying to a hospital in one of the suburbs (Bartlett, Collierville or Germantown). They tend to be a nicer with nicer clientel...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Memphis