Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-11-2011, 04:16 PM

93 posts, read 138,930 times

Advertisements

Im a female 27 yrs old. Ive been married 5yrs. Background to catch you up. My last relationship was 7years from 14yrs old to 21 and a baby at 16. great person known literally since birth. He left me suddenly for his boss' wife and i was devastated to say the least. fast forward to now. My hubby and i got together about a year after. We have a 2y/o who we tried for 3 yrs to have. So, ive always had a problem with trust (can you blame me?) March of last year i found him talking to other girls on the internet and several diff sites and profiles. Once again i was devastated being that i thought he knew. ANYWAYS, ive always been thin, im only 5'2. when i was happy i was about 135lbs. i prefer to have weight or "thick". its been about a year and i weigh roughly 100lbs maybe less. i feel horrible! we are trying to work on things but i have severe depression due to these "incidents". i dont know what to do to gain weight and feel better, he says he loves me no matter what but i feel disgusting. i dont want to be naked and id rather wear baggy clothes to hide my weight. Please if you have any suggestions i would appreciate it.
And now that im pset about my weight it makes my depression worse.
Our marriage is starting to kinda get back on track but im constantly paranoid.
**also when i found out about my hubby we were in Calif on vacay getying ready to go to Disney AND the following Monday we had an appt to get my iud out to try for another baby!
Sorry its so long!!!

Last edited by Mrs.Barreras; 04-11-2011 at 04:50 PM.. Reason: Add info

Old 04-11-2011, 04:43 PM

27,073 posts, read 11,859,243 times
This is one time a recommendation for therapy and medical evaluation applies.....and, you have a right to all your feelings when dealing with your husband's chosen actions. And they are that: he is choosing this path. Do you want to continue to be part of this?

Talk with close friends, or your MD or anyone you trust. Consider separation. Get therapy or if indicated, temporary anti-depressant meds.

The weight issue is NOT your primary problem right now, it just appears that way to you.

I wish you the best~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs.Barreras View Post
Im a female 27 yrs old. Ive been married 5yrs. Background to catch you up. My last relationship was 7years from 14yrs old to 21 and a baby at 16. great person known literally since birth. He left me suddenly for his boss' wife and i was devastated to say the least. fast forward to now. My hubby and i got together about a year after. We have a 2y/o who we tried for 3 yrs to have. So, ive always had a problem with trust (can you blame me?) March of last year i found him talking to other girls on the internet and several diff sites and profiles. Once again i was devastated being that i thought he knew. ANYWAYS, ive always been thin, im only 5'2. when i was happy i was about 135lbs. i prefer to have weight or "thick". its been about a year and i weigh roughly 100lbs maybe less. i feel horrible! we are trying to work on things but i have severe depression due to these "incidents". i dont know what to do to gain weight and feel better, he says he loves me no matter what but i feel disgusting. i dont want to be naked and id rather wear baggy clothes to hide my weight. Please if you have any suggestions i would appreciate it.

**also when i found out about my hubby we were in Calif on vacay getying ready to go to Disney AND the following Monday we had an appt to get my iud out to try for another baby!
Sorry its so long!!!

Old 04-11-2011, 04:47 PM

1,321 posts, read 2,107,676 times
Quote:
Please if you have any suggestions i would appreciate it.
Eat a lot of fried chicken and pie.

Old 04-11-2011, 05:03 PM

3,360 posts, read 8,390,974 times
The easiest way to put on weight is drink 2 or 3 McDonalds chocolate shakes a day. If you get the large ones, that's almost 2,000 calories right there, just in shakes!

Old 04-11-2011, 05:04 PM

817 posts, read 811,281 times
Quote:
And now that im pset about my weight it makes my depression worse.
Our marriage is starting to kinda get back on track but im constantly paranoid.
Sorry its so long!!!
Cold stone creamery is your friend, also eat tons of butter and cheese products, you will balloon up in no time

Old 04-11-2011, 05:47 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,996,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulysses61 View Post
The easiest way to put on weight is drink 2 or 3 McDonalds chocolate shakes a day. If you get the large ones, that's almost 2,000 calories right there, just in shakes!

I love shakes, but I'm hard pressed to drink one every few months!

3 a day?? Diabeetus?

Old 04-11-2011, 05:55 PM

165 posts, read 588,756 times
I think when your personal life is in order your weight will get back to normal. LOVE DOES NOT HURT!!!! LOVE DOES NOT CHEAT ON YOU!!!!!! Saying a prayer for you both. Best wishes.

Old 04-11-2011, 05:56 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,996,352 times
OK.

So this is kind of a serious thread, and there are better, healthier ways of gaining weight back.

I am not a trainer

If you eat regularly, IE: eat 3 square meals a day at least, you will naturally gain weight. Make these meals larger if you need to.

Breakfast is probably the most important meal of the day, because it gets your metabolism going.

throughout they day, eat fruits and vegetables in between meals. Drink milk and 100% juices. It's also OK, especially in your shoes, to eat "crap" food, like cookies, cakes, etc. You need calories to add weight.

Seirously, whatever you're doing for food consumption, you probably want to at least double it, and probably up it more than that, if you've just stopped eating.

Old 04-11-2011, 10:20 PM

1,318 posts, read 5,272,645 times
Why not go to Dr. and see about counselling,and maybe an Anti depressant,which will help you
gain weight. Im sorry for your problems, . Everyone deserves someone they can trust. Seek marriage
counselling maybe? Its hard to eat when you are anxious or depressed,I know that! But anti-depressants tend to give one back their appetite and put on some weight.
Good luck and God bless,
Deb
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.