Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2012, 08:36 PM

106 posts, read 241,538 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreepyMuse View Post
Yes, some years ago, I went to bed at 7pm or 8pm and I woke up at 11 or 12pm the next day. I had to have peace somewhere, sleeping was the best option. I had therapy and it changed faster than I thought. You should do the same. I was in therapy for like one and a half year and I had to stop it. I'm dying to take it back.
You should date guys you're very very physically attracted to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2012, 11:55 PM

77 posts, read 185,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDay1 View Post
You should date guys you're very very physically attracted to.
What? I don't understand, sorry.

Old 05-28-2012, 05:07 AM

3,376 posts, read 6,107,107 times
Seems like ever since I started living at my stepdads house, 10-12 hours periods of sleep have been the norm.
If anything, I seem to stay awake naturally when I know I have a work schedule/place to get to.
Sadly, I'm only putting in 30 hrs/week at best and the place I'm living at right now is at least 14-20 miles away from all the "cool places".
With gasoline being too expensive and riding my bicycle that distance and back being more of a drama-riddled task(people trying to hit you, bumpy/dumpy dirt roads, windy/cold weather,. etc) sitting back and sleeping at home seems to be the easiest thing to do.

However, my stepdad's gradually getting to that point where he wants me to get over that debacle that occurred in November and man-up.
Easier said than done if I could get employment and a place in a city I actually want to live in.

But I'll start another thread for that, or add to one of relevance.

Old 06-03-2012, 10:14 PM

21 posts, read 64,406 times
I don't want to sleep forever, but if life could be like sleep that would be amazing. I love sleep for the dreams, because that's when it's alright to lose reality.

Old 06-03-2012, 10:39 PM

Location: where people are either too stupid to leave or too stuck to move
3,982 posts, read 6,688,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CreepyMuse View Post
What? I don't understand, sorry.
i think they are saying we should date so we can end up being sid and nancy..yay

Old 06-03-2012, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by horrorhound View Post
I don't want to sleep forever, but if life could be like sleep that would be amazing. I love sleep for the dreams, because that's when it's alright to lose reality.
i just had a dream the devil where i couldn't wake up..so i'm now failing in the dream world too

Old 08-12-2012, 01:58 AM

9,408 posts, read 11,933,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitlock View Post
I hope to wake up though...But sleeping is also one of my favorite hobbies and a central part of my life. I just can't function with 8 hours of sleep it got be 10 or 12 hours, that's just the way I am and propably will be as long as I live. I have very vivid dreams also.
Im similar. 8 isnt enough. I love to sleep. I have often wished we were a hibernating species. I also have very vivid dreams (and suffer from sleep paralysis frequently). But I need time to enjoy my hobbies as well, they make life worth living. Problem is my love of sleep sometimes wins. I got 17 hours last night. I wasn't unusually tired, yet I could not pry myself from bed today. It was bliss. But..I lost so much time to get stuff done.

Old 08-12-2012, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11thHour View Post
Im similar. 8 isnt enough. I love to sleep. I have often wished we were a hibernating species. I also have very vivid dreams (and suffer from sleep paralysis frequently). But I need time to enjoy my hobbies as well, they make life worth living. Problem is my love of sleep sometimes wins. I got 17 hours last night. I wasn't unusually tired, yet I could not pry myself from bed today. It was bliss. But..I lost so much time to get stuff done.
hibernation sounds great! wake me up with the economy is better

Old 08-13-2012, 11:02 AM

994 posts, read 1,592,746 times
I certainly could use some more sleep. I haven't been getting good sleep for a long time but I'm not sure if I'd want to sleep forever.

Old 08-23-2012, 05:53 PM

2,546 posts, read 6,875,896 times
Yes, only thing to look forward to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health