Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2012, 10:44 PM

3 posts, read 5,643 times

Advertisements

I am a believer in God & my Lord & Savior, a strong believer. In the physical however, I am so alone. Ive jumped from one bad relationship to the next and finally ended up with a beautiful baby boy from my last relationship, whom I have come to understand that I must raise on my own. On top of that, the family that I do have, which is very small, has turned their back on me. No help, no love, no security, no peace.
I feel like a pyriah. How could you turn your back on your own flesh and blood? I worry alot about, God forbid, something happening to me and theres no one to care for my son. God is with me always, in spirit and in truth but physically I wish that I had someone who cared and would be there for us. My baby is still young (16 months) and he doesn't know whats happening. He knows that he used to see a guy that never paid him much attention (his dad) and now he sees nobody but mommy. It saddens and depresses me. How do I do this? I can't teach a man to be a man. I need HELP! I need help...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2012, 03:14 AM

943 posts, read 1,846,515 times
If you have a child then umm you are NOT ALONE!

Old 05-29-2012, 05:39 AM

10,363 posts, read 20,813,270 times
OP, what kind of community do you live in? Do you have a way to connect with other young mothers or is there a group for single parents to connect? It would be good if you could do that because then you could have a support network and you wouldn't feel so all alone. Unfortunately our own families don't always live up to our expectations or our needs and we have to adopt some elsewhere--you're not alone in being alone, believe me. Also, do you have a church home? If you got separated from your other one due to disparity of beliefs, then there is bound to be another group that will welcome you and your child. I honestly believe that for you it would be better to work on building a support network for you and your baby rather than to be dating right now--it would give you time to examine why all your relationships have been so poor--you certainly don't want to be bringing in disastrous men to be around your beautiful baby boy.

Old 05-29-2012, 02:41 PM

13,511 posts, read 19,295,393 times
RNBFox....you are not alone...many women have raised bright and successful sons by themselves.....although it would be ideal to have a (caring) father in the scene.....it's not absolutely necessary and sometimes it just doesn't work out that way...I know many women who singularly raised sons...do you not have any male figures left in your life RNBFox?? ...Any good men that you know or see....let your son also see...you really have no worries...you don't have to teach your little "man" to be a man....he already is...you just need to be there for him, and teach him good from bad (morals)..that's all...he'll become a man on his own as he grows....don't be afraid...you CAN do it...have faith in yourself..... like you do in Jesus.....

Old 05-30-2012, 03:30 PM

1,727 posts, read 2,549,979 times
Default You aren't alone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNBFox View Post
I am a believer in God & my Lord & Savior, a strong believer. In the physical however, I am so alone. Ive jumped from one bad relationship to the next and finally ended up with a beautiful baby boy from my last relationship, whom I have come to understand that I must raise on my own. On top of that, the family that I do have, which is very small, has turned their back on me. No help, no love, no security, no peace.
I feel like a pyriah. How could you turn your back on your own flesh and blood? I worry alot about, God forbid, something happening to me and theres no one to care for my son. God is with me always, in spirit and in truth but physically I wish that I had someone who cared and would be there for us. My baby is still young (16 months) and he doesn't know whats happening. He knows that he used to see a guy that never paid him much attention (his dad) and now he sees nobody but mommy. It saddens and depresses me. How do I do this? I can't teach a man to be a man. I need HELP! I need help...
You have that beautiful baby for one. If you feel alone right now, it is only temporary. Don't get overwhelmed by thinking too far ahead. Don't worry about teaching him to be a man, when he is just learning to walk. Worry about the daily things first. Take one step at a time. Don't give up. You will find your way.

I'm sorry your family has turned their backs on you. I don't understand why people do that. Just see this as an opportunity to prove you are strong and you can stand on your own. You can, you know?

Old 05-31-2012, 11:40 AM

3 posts, read 5,643 times
Thank you all for your positive and enlightening feedback. I really appreciate your thoughts and wisdom. It made my day...

Old 06-01-2012, 02:34 PM

2,162 posts, read 3,367,338 times
Quote:
God simply has not provided a partner at this time. He may or may not, but remember that our agendas are not the same as His. He may have other plans for you. It is hard when we want, we want, we want. It is hard when we grow up with the idea that we all get married, have kids and live happily after-but then it doesn't happen that way-or in that order. Please avoid the pitfall of thinking there HAS to be a man in your life. I think the more you lean on God, the less you will need to lean on another person for anything.
He might still provide a positive role model for your child, but don't miss the opportunity for it to be a friend, a co-worker, a platonic friend.
Pray about it, but please remember that being too self-led is not trusting Him.

Old 06-01-2012, 03:12 PM

1,589 posts, read 2,136,287 times
Quote:

yes you can

Teach him to be polite and kind. And nature will take care of the rest. If he will watch any shows, he will learn also. Try showing shows with good men, who act like GOOD men

but sorry about being alone, it's tough

join a new church, maybe some people there will notice you too and become friends, join small groups within the church, maybe "moms groups" or something

there are single mom groups probably on the internet, try searching for some, maybe there are some in your city

Old 06-03-2012, 03:05 AM

1,289 posts, read 3,037,196 times
just do what I did and find another dad for him.

Old 06-04-2012, 09:48 PM

21 posts, read 64,422 times
No one is truly alone. People are posting here, helping you, aren't they? :P

sorry if that came across as harsh, but even though I don't know you, I'm here for you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health