Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-01-2013, 07:50 PM

5 posts, read 28,533 times

Advertisements

I know this person and they are bipolar. every time they get mad they threatens the person they mad at and say that the police can't do **** about it but hold them for 24 hours and let them go. They have a short temper for the pettiest **** and it gets irritating. So my question is if they commit a crime can they get arrested if its witnesses to the crime or is they really just going to get held for 24 hours and get released?

They even will get mad over a card game when they playing with kids ( kids ) and start talking about them so bad.. can or shall we blame it on they disorder?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2013, 12:34 AM

5,234 posts, read 7,987,904 times
Sure he can be arrested, depending on the severity of the crime they most often get the chance to post bail, if they can arrange the funds. If this guy is Bipolar they may want an evaluation or a statement from his doctor, iff they see him as a danger to himself or others. Do you know if he is on meds and if he is taking them? I'm assuming the guy is thinking for some minor crime he would post bail and be out quickly. The BP may or may not be a factor. What kinds of threats is he making? If he continues to do this, turn on the video on your phone and record what he says. Thats even better than an eye witness. He shouldn't be making threats of violence toward others.

If he is making threats to harm others, according to this statute he is making Terroristic Threats.
Terroristic threats; penalty.(1) A person commits terroristic threats if he or she threatens to commit any crime of violence: (a) With the intent to terrorize another; (b) With the intent of causing the evacuation of a building, place of assembly, or facility of public transportation; or (c) In reckless disregard of the risk of causing such terror or evacuation.(2) Terroristic threats is a Class IV felony. - See more at: 28-311.01 Terroristic threats; penalty. - Nebraska Statutes

Old 03-02-2013, 08:41 AM

5 posts, read 28,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by todd00 View Post
Sure he can be arrested, depending on the severity of the crime they most often get the chance to post bail, if they can arrange the funds. If this guy is Bipolar they may want an evaluation or a statement from his doctor, iff they see him as a danger to himself or others. Do you know if he is on meds and if he is taking them? I'm assuming the guy is thinking for some minor crime he would post bail and be out quickly. The BP may or may not be a factor. What kinds of threats is he making? If he continues to do this, turn on the video on your phone and record what he says. Thats even better than an eye witness. He shouldn't be making threats of violence toward others.

If he is making threats to harm others, according to this statute he is making Terroristic Threats.
Terroristic threats; penalty.(1) A person commits terroristic threats if he or she threatens to commit any crime of violence: (a) With the intent to terrorize another; (b) With the intent of causing the evacuation of a building, place of assembly, or facility of public transportation; or (c) In reckless disregard of the risk of causing such terror or evacuation.(2) Terroristic threats is a Class IV felony. - See more at: 28-311.01 Terroristic threats; penalty. - Nebraska Statutes
Thanks I was doing a report on bipolar people and your information is helpful for me to finish my report... Im also going to use the scenario that you responded to... thanks again for the information

Old 03-02-2013, 05:24 PM

5,234 posts, read 7,987,904 times
You may want to include a bit on the more unusual BP2 without mania. BP2 is often misdiagnosed or overlooked especially if the mania is not present. For those that don't get the high side, it can come out in anxiety, frustration and anger. Glad to help.

Depression, Bipolar II - frame

Old 03-11-2013, 02:46 PM

13,511 posts, read 19,284,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverFake View Post
I know this person and they are bipolar. every time they get mad they threatens the person they mad at and say that the police can't do **** about it but hold them for 24 hours and let them go. They have a short temper for the pettiest **** and it gets irritating. So my question is if they commit a crime can they get arrested if its witnesses to the crime or is they really just going to get held for 24 hours and get released?

They even will get mad over a card game when they playing with kids ( kids ) and start talking about them so bad.. can or shall we blame it on they disorder?
The fact that he has bi-polar might make it easier for him to escape punishment for some of the things you and I would be...but not everything...Not all people with bi-polar have short fuses and get angry over trivial stuff like your friend does though..he's probably a big crank first, bi-polar second.

Old 03-12-2013, 07:22 AM

1 posts, read 1,257 times
You maybe need personal health counseling from real mental health practitioner, because bipolar is a condition of mental health and it is not wise to take ton of medicine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health