Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2013, 01:42 AM

548 posts, read 891,535 times

Advertisements

Why do people drink, and smoke weed and do other hardcore drugs? Whats the point? I have never ever done any of that stuff and have been Straight Edge for life I don't need to do those things to have a good time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2013, 11:14 AM

16,677 posts, read 17,451,554 times
Just don't keep me away from chocolate!

Old 04-16-2013, 11:42 AM

20,410 posts, read 14,698,234 times
I don't like the nasty taste of alcohol, and as severely picky as I am, I won't force myself past something I hate to eat or drink. I've never been drunk. I will probably never be drunk, in my life.

However that does not apply to smoking. As a teen I smoked a lot of pot and did acid occaisonally. But I got pregnant at age 19, and from that moment on I turned a corner and became a different person, one that doesn't need or have time for drugs. Now don't get me wrong, I'm all for legalization and I'm not anti-pot...I think people need to (and will!) make their own choices. Oddly enough, I am a much cooler and more interesting person since going sober. Now in my 30's I'm so much more sure of who I am and I get a lot more respect from people I admire, and I accomplish some pretty awesome things. My one regret from my smoking days as a teenager is that I feel that I wasted a lot of time. Life is short. I really didn't accomplish much of anything with those years. I wasn't a participant in my own life...just an observer.

I wish I had never smoked a cigarette though. I'm still addicted to cigs. I just don't feel ready to quit. I'm hearing good things about the e-cigs though.

Old 04-16-2013, 11:46 AM

3,869 posts, read 15,178,426 times
Good for you.
Not really, as it has no bearing on you being a good person or not.
It's just a choice you made.

Why are people scared of drugs and alcohol.
Lack of self control, maybe?

Why do they think they are better for being a "straight edge"

Quote:
Originally Posted by napy666 View Post
Why do people drink, and smoke weed and do other hardcore drugs? Whats the point? I have never ever done any of that stuff and have been Straight Edge for life I don't need to do those things to have a good time.
ps so when you hurt yourself in a accident your going to refuse the morphine?

Old 04-16-2013, 11:50 AM

26,329 posts, read 93,811,699 times
Quote:
Because it is fun.

Old 04-16-2013, 05:40 PM

3,074 posts, read 4,729,227 times
Quote:
You have learned the real secret to true happiness - "Get high on nothing !"
Its easy to do, just take a lot of it for a long time, like you did.

Old 04-16-2013, 06:35 PM

6,191 posts, read 18,172,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
Because it is fun.
Why do some people let themselves get fat, allow their children to get fat, and none of them get into the habit of being strong and fit and exercising and rejoicing in how a fit body feels?

It's all fun. Getting all moralistic about smoking and drinking is just a silly distraction.

Unless the OP is strong, thin and fit and connected to his or her corporeal self this is just a silly moralistic and hypocritical distraction.

Old 04-16-2013, 08:28 PM

3,869 posts, read 15,178,426 times
^ you mean you can't be active and fit if you drink and smoke weed?

Old 04-20-2013, 04:30 AM

1,824 posts, read 1,723,727 times
Quote:

Why would you call cannabis (weed) a "hardcore drug"? There are 126 medical uses known where it sometimes works better than pills, with fewer unwanted side effects, according to patients' accounts compiled Dr. Lester Grinspoon MD retired prof from Harvard. Many of these people said they were considering suicide before they found this treatment rxmarijuana.com It has never been proven to have been a direct cause of even a single death, despite use by over 1 billion people since Genesis.

It does not cause any sometimes fatal medical conditions, no known lethal dosage, no brain damage. And it was recognized by US Dispensary of 1851 as best treatment for all mental health issues. Cannabis products were in pharmacies for a century or more, until 1937 Federal Prohibition.

Granny Storm Crow's list (2009) has studies & verifiable anecdotes alphabetically by conditions helped. Wikipedia is an excellent source for much info on this, sources cited or subject to removal & warns when a section's neutrality has been questioned.

Dr Joseph Mercola did a video about it "the medical miracle you'll be arrested for using". He also did an expose of the mental health pills "The Marketing of Madness". You may have heard some people who have depression & take pills for it are more likely to commit suicide. This is because all those pills were based on a *theory* (something never proven) that there is a chemical imbalance causing depression & these pills fix that. But those who realized it's only a theory have a new theory, depression may sometimes be caused by an undiagnosed physical problem.

Also, when cannabis was in pharmacies until 1937, cancer was rare. Now, with 85,000 known toxins approved 60% get cancer & half of them die. Ozone layer hole quadrupled skin cancer last 2 decades.
Since 2008, people have been cured of cancer with cannabis oil. Video: Run From The Cure. Rick Simpson spent life savings of $1.3 million giving free treatments. U.S. ordered Canada to arrest, Rick fled.

When recent Libertarian candidate for president Gary Johnson fell 50 feet with broken bones in back, rib & leg, he chose to manage his pain for 3 years using cannabis illicitly, rather than have an operation or take highly addicting opiates. He's an extreme athlete, good diet, no alcohol. Best wishes.

Old 04-20-2013, 11:38 AM

13,511 posts, read 19,297,160 times
Quote:
I don't need them for a good time either, but sometimes a jay or a beer can sure take the stress away..As for the "hard core" drugs, I've never found one that agrees with me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health