Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2014, 06:18 AM

832 posts, read 1,418,709 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
We need to understand the difference between having anxiety and having an anxiety disorder. If you haven't suffered from anxiety disorder then you cannot possible appreciate the significance of it. So try to understand anxiety disorder can be debilitating. My son suffered from anxiety disorder and I think you all know about my son. Peter is not alone in having anxiety issues with driving. There are others right here on this forum with the same issue.
For all things holy. Will you please stop feeding this kid's issues with your own? At every turn you're making some sort of excuse for the kid. He's shot down every idea, come up with some reason why he can't do it, and then asks for more advice that he refuses to take.

You toss out out red herrings by picking out singular issues and relate them back to your own issues or issues with your son. You can be angry with me all you want, but the bottom line is the same. This kid has thrown his hands up in the air, he's feigning helplessness, blaming everyone but himself while you're encouraging it and making excuses for him when he can no longer come up with them on his own.

Although this is his thread, it feels like you're hijacking it for your own selfish purposes. And yes. It is selfish. You're getting a kick out of enabling someone who needs a swift kick in the pants instead of your petting.

People are starting to call him out on it, they're noticing the holes in his story and considering the totality of his posts when responding. This forum can not help him to the extent he needs, you're not a doctor; and you are no better than a crack dealer when you pipe in offering up and inventing excuses for him because he can't find any on his own.

He's not a younger you. He's not like your son. And his issues are not yours.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2014, 12:43 AM

11,037 posts, read 5,997,575 times
Quote:
This kid has thrown his hands up in the air, he's feigning helplessness, blaming everyone but himself while you're encouraging it and making excuses for him when he can no longer come up with them on his own.
Are you sure on that? How can you know?
Quote:
Although this is his thread, it feels like you're hijacking it for your own selfish purposes. And yes. It is selfish. You're getting a kick out of enabling someone who needs a swift kick in the pants instead of your petting.
Let's suppose for a moment that you are right and I am wrong. Then there's no harm done and we can all go on our way. But if I am not wrong and instead, you are wrong then how would you have helped him? I am not a doctor but I do know the first principal of medicine and that is; "First do no harm". Ask your doctor. But why would a doctor be concerned with psychological issues anyway?

Now here's a thing, you have said of me; "You're getting a kick out of enabling someone ..." Amazing insight but how would you know that? Are you a qualified psychologist? Well, you would be wrong! So you can't be a psychologist! So why should we believe you are right on the second part of that same sentence which goes; "... needs a swift kick in the pants ..."? So perhaps you would care to enlighten me - what qualifications/personal experiences do you have that qualifies you to make these assertions? Has your son been an anxiety disorder sufferer? Did you give him a swift kick in the pants? Did it work - I mean, really work?

Quote:
He's not a younger you. He's not like your son. And his issues are not yours.
You are quite right. Just give me a little credit though, that's all I ask. But I accept I could be wrong and if he is taking me for a ride then so be it. No harm done.

You take care
303Guy

Last edited by 303Guy; 05-04-2014 at 01:09 AM..

Old 05-04-2014, 04:43 PM

854 posts, read 1,141,519 times
Take some serious driving classes at a racetrack with professional. Then buy a sports car and date blond women. America!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health