Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2014, 07:34 PM

5,485 posts, read 3,929,244 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futurist110 View Post
Allright. Fair enough, I suppose.

I generally do think that the future will gradually produce much more good than bad things. You and/or someone else could try rebuking this point of mine, though.
It's too complex to truly "debate", IMO. It will be luck (from our perspectives) whether the future is better or not. I am certainly a skeptic when it comes to Singularity-like techno-utopian visions...but in terms of realpolitik, hell, I eagerly await my own demise.

Old 02-08-2014, 07:36 PM

5,485 posts, read 3,929,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Snark makes you sound so much smarter and superior, I should pay YOU for the privilege of being allowed to lay eyes on your posts!

Thank you, thank you, thank you...
You did say "my one piece of free advice"...

also, yeah, given that you said elsewhere you're an MD, and I'm a destitute person just looking to accumulate a few grand to move to LA, sure, I'd accept donations for dealing with at least one of your probably generally overwrought 25k posts here. Especially given that I do in fact consider myself smarter than you, yes. Maybe I should start a kickstarter city-data fund.

Being facetious. I'll get there on my own terms (not really on my own terms, but "on different" terms). In the meantime however I will continue to post here, I'm afraid.

Last edited by Matt Marcinkiewicz; 02-08-2014 at 07:46 PM..

Old 02-08-2014, 07:47 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,368,760 times
Please seek treatment and professional counseling. There are counselors at your campus counseling center.

Suicide crisis line:
Lifeline

My opinion, if college creates this much stress, quit. There is more to life than worrying about grades. Relax, drive a cab...drop out. It is not failure to take a break. It is failure to give up on yourself, and let the arbitrary judgement of others dictate your actions.

Thread closed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health