Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2014, 06:06 PM

29 posts, read 35,720 times

Advertisements

I would spend a week coming up with a detailed and diligent plan that could be accomplished within my "countdown" range. A plan probably based on going out with a bang. LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2014, 06:28 PM

351 posts, read 693,446 times
If this were told to me tomorrow, I'd make sure my family is set, I'd go to wherever my kids wanted to go as well as my husband and myself for a few nice vacations. I'd also spend plenty of time with family and extended family. I'd start checking things off my bucket list as I can.

I'd also try to find out if there is anything I can do to fight or delay my death assuming I will not be in unmanageable pain or my quality of life is lowered to where I'm a big burden to my family. I'd rather people celebrate my life after I'm gone, so I want my life before death to be a celebration as well.

Old 10-20-2014, 06:06 PM

3,376 posts, read 6,105,517 times
Nothing really.
Some of us are fighters who will continue to fight on.
Then there's of us who will twitch at first, but then realize like most things in life, it's a lost fight.

Sorry if it sounds grim, but I'd rather just keep it all a mystery to every one but the doctor and myself.

Old 10-20-2014, 06:36 PM

3,930 posts, read 6,443,856 times
Already facing a version of the long goodbye. We are both retired, purchased an RV and are going to travel, see parts of the US that we have never seen. We are going to enjoy life as long as possible, then see what comes after the end of this mortal coil. Not going to cry, scream at fate, etc. we can't escape death, part of living. Just live life to the best we can, love those around us, and try not to hurt others.

Old 10-20-2014, 06:46 PM

4,927 posts, read 5,314,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentstrider View Post
Nothing really.Some of us are fighters who will continue to fight on.
Then there's of us who will twitch at first, but then realize like most things in life, it's a lost fight.

Sorry if it sounds grim, but I'd rather just keep it all a mystery to every one but the doctor and myself.
I agree with this and I don't think it's grim at all. I would keep it to myself (and my doctor), spend as much time with my loved ones as I do currently...and when it comes, it comes. Hopefully it won't be melodramatic or painful for those on the sidelines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restrain View Post
Already facing a version of the long goodbye. We are both retired, purchased an RV and are going to travel, see parts of the US that we have never seen. We are going to enjoy life as long as possible, then see what comes after the end of this mortal coil. Not going to cry, scream at fate, etc. we can't escape death, part of living. Just live life to the best we can, love those around us, and try not to hurt others.
Yep..this too!

Old 10-22-2014, 10:17 PM

338 posts, read 421,236 times
I'd empty the CU accounts, go out partying, get really really drunk (and I don't even drink). Then once sobered up enough, sell off the house and everything in it but maybe a few sets of clothes and a laptop, put a few grand down on a really nice Freightliner with a sleeper, drive 2-3 cross-countries laps around Canada and the US doing nothing in particular then settle down somewhere nice enough to die. For me that'd probably either be Pendleton, OR or somewhere in eastern WA.

Short life and a merry one, innit; live it up. Get your kicks while you're still able to get them.

Last edited by ratchetjaw; 10-22-2014 at 10:28 PM..

Old 10-22-2014, 11:35 PM

13 posts, read 11,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
The OP is not the person who is terminally ill, you know.
Never could read so good. Bottom line..... Someone is having to face this, and my heart goes out to them, in either event.

Old 10-26-2014, 08:15 PM

5,581 posts, read 6,506,670 times
So why wait to do the things that have been mentioned? We don't know when our last breath will take place, could be in the near future. So.......spend time with loved ones NOW, let them know you love them on a regular basis, take that vacation, use the good dishes, drive the nice car, NOW, if it is within your budget, IOW don't put off until tomorrow when you are able to do it today (use financial wisdom, however).

Old 10-26-2014, 08:18 PM

3,166 posts, read 3,359,241 times
get drunk as much as possible and mingle with friends

Old 10-26-2014, 08:28 PM

122 posts, read 217,180 times
Great question and I wonder if you can really truthfully answer that question until you are really faced with it. Would pray a lot that's for sure. But, I do that now too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health