Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-24-2015, 11:07 AM

1,921 posts, read 1,739,662 times

Advertisements

For the past couple of weeks, I have been experiencing something strange ...

I don't feel any type of emotion. I got laid off from a job after a day and half of training, I didn't feel anything which is slightly odd as I'm a pretty emotional person in private. The way I got laid off should have been enough for me to feel anger or sadness because the team manufactured stories about my character to justify their decision to fire me. I was floored when I heard what they told the HR which was nothing but a fabricated story. However, I didn't feel anything. It was my first time getting "fired".

Ever since, I haven't been driven to look for another job. People simply bore me, so I don't communicate with anyone. I can't feel sad, expressive or excited. I literally feel void of emotions. I don't know what is happening. I don't get fazed/affected by anything, really. I don't even feel the need to go out or be active. I led a very active lifestyle before this nightmare job. I couldn't stand to stay at home doing nothing even if the weather was horrible. Now, I'm just at home all day with a blank mind.

I'm not sure if this is temporary or if I should talk about it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2015, 12:16 PM

10,196 posts, read 9,878,567 times
Sounds like depression (you don't always have to be sad to be depressed). Or it could be blocking all feelings as a coping skill for dealing with your strong feelings.

Old 11-24-2015, 11:53 PM

11 posts, read 6,961 times
I agree with bird, and have a few questions. How long have you been like this? Did it start with being laid off? Are you on any kind of medication? How old are you, what's your marital status and home environment like?

Old 11-25-2015, 03:04 AM

1,921 posts, read 1,739,662 times
I'm 25 and single.

It started right after I got laid off. I was doing "alright" before I got laid off but I had strange bursts of anger due to unresolved family issues.

I'm not on any kind of medication.

Old 11-25-2015, 04:16 PM

10,196 posts, read 9,878,567 times
Have you considered getting into therapy?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health