Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-29-2018, 12:26 PM

3 posts, read 1,098 times

Advertisements

Hello friends. I'm a new member here
Here's my story:
After 3 years of heavy weight lifting and caffeine based stimulants, I start having some sort of anxiety attacks. At the time, I didn't knew what is going on. I was diagnosed with panic disorder but not convinced that it was the correct diagnostic. Managed to recover in a couple of months.
Since then, I have weird symptoms that won't go away and getting worse every month:
-sudden bouts of extreme yawning
- restless body and legs
-faint feeling
-feel offbalance/unsteady
-burning skin feeling on my upper back and neck. ( sometimes chills like I have a fever )
Lately with trouble sleeping with nightmares every night and cold hands/feet ALL THE TIME .
I thought is anxiety again so I took some valium to calm down but surprise...no effect: I just sleep after it and after I wake up I feel the same. I don't have classic panic attack symptoms like racing heart,sweating, trouble breathing. Blood pressure and pulse are normal even when I feel like this.
Someone told me It could be adrenal fatigue ? Bloodwork showed slightly elevated cortisol & dhea levels. Tried to explain to the doctor that these symptoms makes me anxious not the other way around..
Forgot to mention I have a healthy diet and a non stressful job.
Sorry for long post. Any help would be appreciated. I'm running out of options and my condition gets worse.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2018, 03:13 PM

27,073 posts, read 11,859,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prider90 View Post
Here's my story:
After 3 years of heavy weight lifting and caffeine based stimulants, I start having some sort of anxiety attacks. At the time, I didn't knew what is going on. I was diagnosed with panic disorder but not convinced that it was the correct diagnostic. Managed to recover in a couple of months.
Since then, I have weird symptoms that won't go away and getting worse every month:
- restless body and legs
-faint feeling
-burning skin feeling on my upper back and neck. ( sometimes chills like I have a fever )
Lately with trouble sleeping with nightmares every night and cold hands/feet ALL THE TIME .
I thought is anxiety again so I took some valium to calm down but surprise...no effect: I just sleep after it and after I wake up I feel the same. I don't have classic panic attack symptoms like racing heart,sweating, trouble breathing. Blood pressure and pulse are normal even when I feel like this.
Someone told me It could be adrenal fatigue ? Bloodwork showed slightly elevated cortisol & dhea levels. Tried to explain to the doctor that these symptoms makes me anxious not the other way around..
Sorry for long post. Any help would be appreciated. I'm running out of options and my condition gets worse.

You haven't seen a physician to discuss all your issues? Why not??
No one here on cd can provide you with a diagnosis...

Old 11-29-2018, 06:25 PM

3,026 posts, read 9,055,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatblueheron View Post
You haven't seen a physician to discuss all your issues? Why not??
No one here on cd can provide you with a diagnosis...
I agree

Go to your doctor and have a complete workup.
Take that caffeine based stimulant with you and have him take a look.

Good luck, your symptoms sound miserable.

Old 11-29-2018, 08:23 PM

23,306 posts, read 18,837,889 times
Quote:
Here's my story:
- restless body and legs
-faint feeling
Are the caffeine stimulants the only supplements you use? You are still using them right? How long have you used them? Have you experimented with the dose or concentrations or stopped them altogether? What happens? I can see your MD asking the same things. Testing the amount you use might help to narrow down the possible triggers for the anxiety attacks. It could be that there's a stimulant dosage that gives you some of the benefits you want but doesn't cause as much anxiety. If you've already done the dosage trial and error and nothing changes, that could send you down a very different path.

Old 11-30-2018, 01:20 AM

I quit caffeine 3 years ago. Tried to convince my doc that is not anxiety but refused to believe me. Isn't valium suppose to calm me down If it was anxiety related ? Even with it I still have that feeling of faint. It's like my body is struggling with something.
I had a complete bloodwork and came back normal except cortisol and dhea. Even did a brain MRI scan.

Old 11-30-2018, 10:04 AM

4,286 posts, read 4,763,472 times
Quote:
I quit caffeine 3 years ago. Tried to convince my doc that is not anxiety but refused to believe me. Isn't valium suppose to calm me down If it was anxiety related ? Even with it I still have that feeling of faint. It's like my body is struggling with something.
I had a complete bloodwork and came back normal except cortisol and dhea. Even did a brain MRI scan.

Could it be the cortisol and dhea that are the problem? At this point I think I would go to another doctor and get a second opinion.

Old 11-30-2018, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowan123 View Post
Could it be the cortisol and dhea that are the problem? At this point I think I would go to another doctor and get a second opinion.
I'll get for a second opinion. They are on a higher side like max 500 and mine was 550( morning cortisol) so I don't think it's the root of the problem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health