Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-17-2022, 02:48 AM

3,255 posts, read 1,722,162 times

Advertisements

2 decades of utter physicological destruction done for me, now I got a serious burnout to deal with at stake

Everytime I try to take action, whether it be exercising, meditate, talk to someone or even eat healthy, the burnout just lingers on and barely goes away

I mean of course, maybe is just a sign that I need to find maybe the bigger reward in things, but nothing feels rewarding anymore regardless of what I do. It legit feels like a waste of time and effort even when I do get the results I want, which I think may be another sign that this burnout is just here to stay for awhile.

Current events don't help either, but of course I suppose that's why media detoxes are important.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2022, 03:44 PM

23,319 posts, read 18,877,894 times

Old 04-17-2022, 09:31 PM

472 posts, read 348,321 times
I am glad you are out of what caused you the pain and wearing out. What caused that 2 decades of discourse? A job, relationship, living arrangement?
Anyway do things that make you happy that are not harmful. Take up hobbies, make sure you are getting good rest too. Try to let others know you need to stay out of stressful situations for a while. Hopefully, if you have to work, you don't have a very stressful job. Best wishes to you.

Old 04-18-2022, 01:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Educator1982 View Post
I am glad you are out of what caused you the pain and wearing out. What caused that 2 decades of discourse? A job, relationship, living arrangement?
Anyway do things that make you happy that are not harmful. Take up hobbies, make sure you are getting good rest too. Try to let others know you need to stay out of stressful situations for a while. Hopefully, if you have to work, you don't have a very stressful job. Best wishes to you.
I don't even know anymore...

Old 04-18-2022, 07:35 AM

472 posts, read 348,321 times
I think sometimes our bodies can do more than we can realize and bounce back pretty well. It may be good to see a doctor/therapist as well. Seeing good people, have good friends, like minded people who build you up can do wonders for self esteem and feeling good.

Old 05-14-2022, 12:12 PM

6,957 posts, read 12,067,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luciano700 View Post
I don't even know anymore...
What is it you don't know anymore? Defining the situation is something you need to do in order to determine what it is that will help you. Break it down into pieces and explore them.

Old 05-19-2022, 09:21 AM

22,278 posts, read 21,740,695 times
Quote:
2 decades of utter physicological destruction done for me, now I got a serious burnout to deal with at stake

Everytime I try to take action, whether it be exercising, meditate, talk to someone or even eat healthy, the burnout just lingers on and barely goes away

I mean of course, maybe is just a sign that I need to find maybe the bigger reward in things, but nothing feels rewarding anymore regardless of what I do. It legit feels like a waste of time and effort even when I do get the results I want, which I think may be another sign that this burnout is just here to stay for awhile.

Current events don't help either, but of course I suppose that's why media detoxes are important.
What is "utter physicological destruction"? It sounds dramatic but can't tell if you are talking about something physical or psychological.

In any case, if you were utterly destroyed, how are you still functioning?

Old 05-19-2022, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
What is "utter physicological destruction"? It sounds dramatic but can't tell if you are talking about something physical or psychological.

In any case, if you were utterly destroyed, how are you still functioning?
Stoicism

Old 05-19-2022, 03:05 PM

6,885 posts, read 7,896,042 times
I'm burned out too. I don't care about much of anything and struggle to get through each day. I don't like my job, I don't have many hobbies........things are pretty bleak. I blame menopause. I was fine until that started.

Old 05-20-2022, 08:07 AM

700 posts, read 447,382 times
Quote:
Stoicism
Dude, it would behoove you to get some of this managed before you hit 20.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health