Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2022, 07:33 PM

93 posts, read 49,781 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Every other damn commercial on TV is an ad for eczema pharm. The previous poster outlined what worked for them. What meds have you tried OP?

I don't take any medications and actually can't due to a chronic medical condition. And the skin condition he said I have eczema which is the itching and lichen chronicus simplex and other really ugly things related to the scratching that it depresses me a lot especially when I see people with nice healthy normal skin. Then I look at my ugly skin that doesn't even look normal at all and looks scary and realize it will probably never look normal again. This is when I feel like crying and I will sometimes scratch due to this because it feels good. It feels like an orgasm and I can feel it in my chest and in my head, the intense feeling of scratching and physically feeling good. Then the negative thoughts go away and I feel happy while scratching like nothing else matters. I have actual scars and not just bumps. Recently it those areas got darker, noticeably much darker than my skin color. I have lighter areas on the skin also. I am just waiting to die from chronic kidney disease. I am not suicidal. No I am not going to kill myself. Relax. I am just going to wait until I die from chronic kidney disease. I am against suicide because it's against my personal spiritual beliefs and I never attempted to kill myself and never even planned it because I am not suicidal. I am very depressed and sad and angry. It's going to be day 4 of no scratching if I last for the rest of the day. I am supposed to last 3 months. The problem is all of this is highly unlikely will go away. The bump scars and regular bumps and dark skin and all of this crap will still be there. And now I want to scratch again. Today when I was driving at Target in front of me a van stopped and a beautiful young woman jumped out and ran and I could see her panties. It was amazing. Not only that I could see her panties, but the skin was amazing. Her skin is so beautiful. I even said woah out loud. I was dazed then later I got mad because she has beautiful skin and here I am looking like a freak. Maybe I should be in a freaking circus with my freaking ugly skin that resembles that of a crocodile skin. Or they can use me in a horror movie instead. I feel like Freddy Kruegar. This means I am ugly. This means I will be depressed until everything everything everything goes away. Why? Because it's real what I am saying of how bad it is. That's why. So nobody here so be questioning me about if it's a real physical condition or not because it's really bad.

Last edited by Edwin2021; 05-23-2022 at 07:51 PM..

Old 05-24-2022, 01:51 PM

23,319 posts, read 18,877,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edwin2021 View Post
I am just waiting to die from chronic kidney disease. I am not suicidal. No I am not going to kill myself. Relax. I am just going to wait until I die from chronic kidney disease. I am against suicide because it's against my personal spiritual beliefs and I never attempted to kill myself and never even planned it because I am not suicidal. I am very depressed and sad and angry. It's going to be day 4 of no scratching if I last for the rest of the day. I am supposed to last 3 months. The problem is all of this is highly unlikely will go away. The bump scars and regular bumps and dark skin and all of this crap will still be there. And now I want to scratch again. This means I am ugly. This means I will be depressed until everything everything everything goes away. Why? Because it's real what I am saying of how bad it is. That's why. So nobody here so be questioning me about if it's a real physical condition or not because it's really bad.
IMO no one here is questioning whether you have a physical condition. Its obvious you do. However, the bolded above suggests there is in fact an emotional/mental situation going on here in addition to the physical one. One that may be worth treating. What people are suggesting is that you might achieve some degree of relief during the time you have left by treating the emotional and mental fallout from this miserable physical condition.

As an example, do you want to understand why you get that surge of pleasure from scratching? There's actual science behind it. Understanding why this happens can help you manage it, but if you are unwilling to educate yourself to improve the situation no one can force you to. Just know you sort of lose the privilege to complain about it from that point on.

https://www.healthline.com/health/wh...#why-itchiness

Maybe all you really want from the threads you keep creating under different handles over and over again is to rant against the really bad hand fate has dealt you. Understandable. Rants can be pressure releases, but this may not be the most appropriate place to do it. When some members wish to rant about something they state that right up front. It changes the way readers evaluate and react to the post. Other members are more inclined to be sympathetic and supportive instead of beating their heads against a wall trying to help the ranter solve an unsolvable problem.

If you choose to spend your remaining months angry, depressed, and disgusted with things about yourself you can't change, no one here can stop you, but at least be honest about it. If OTOH you really are hoping someone can help, it makes sense to listen to suggestions they offer, not throw them right back in their faces. That will probably just make you even angrier and alienate you from anyone who still has any good will left to extend to you. There's more than enough unhappiness in the world already without making the people around you miserable as well.

Last edited by Parnassia; 05-24-2022 at 02:49 PM..

Old 05-24-2022, 02:12 PM

I just finished scratching and bleeding. I last 4 days. Now I have to start from the beginning again. A lot of skin peeled on my bed. I had to use a lint roller to get it all out.

Old 05-24-2022, 05:50 PM

20,937 posts, read 28,443,988 times
You say you have Chronic Kidney disease? You can't take any medications for Eczema because of your kidney condition?
How old are you? I am sorry you are going through this. I hope the best for you. Did your dr. tell you that you can't take medication for Eczema?

Old 05-25-2022, 03:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lubby View Post
You say you have Chronic Kidney disease? You can't take any medications for Eczema because of your kidney condition?
How old are you? I am sorry you are going through this. I hope the best for you. Did your dr. tell you that you can't take medication for Eczema?
I have another chronic condition that's why I can't take pills or liquid not even injection due to them making this other chronic condition even worse. 37. Yeah. This means I can only use the cream. Today will be day 1. I have to start from the beginning now without scratching and have to last 90 days. This means I will need more supply of creams and will have to postpone the next appointment. All of this is just to get rid of the itching. It does nothing to the appearance of all ugly stuff I have on my skin, bumps, dark areas, light areas, bump scars---- this one is the worst because it looks like scars and bumps, then I have regular small and big bumps. Then every now and then I get really big bumps that looks like my leg a swollen a little. I had it last week but now it's gone. The dark areas is noticeably darker than my skin color but when I look at the doctor notes on the portal it says it's mild which only pissed me off.

Old 05-25-2022, 05:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parnassia View Post
IMO no one here is questioning whether you have a physical condition. Its obvious you do. However, the bolded above suggests there is in fact an emotional/mental situation going on here in addition to the physical one. One that may be worth treating. What people are suggesting is that you might achieve some degree of relief during the time you have left by treating the emotional and mental fallout from this miserable physical condition.

As an example, do you want to understand why you get that surge of pleasure from scratching? There's actual science behind it. Understanding why this happens can help you manage it, but if you are unwilling to educate yourself to improve the situation no one can force you to. Just know you sort of lose the privilege to complain about it from that point on.

https://www.healthline.com/health/wh...#why-itchiness

Maybe all you really want from the threads you keep creating under different handles over and over again is to rant against the really bad hand fate has dealt you. Understandable. Rants can be pressure releases, but this may not be the most appropriate place to do it. When some members wish to rant about something they state that right up front. It changes the way readers evaluate and react to the post. Other members are more inclined to be sympathetic and supportive instead of beating their heads against a wall trying to help the ranter solve an unsolvable problem.

If you choose to spend your remaining months angry, depressed, and disgusted with things about yourself you can't change, no one here can stop you, but at least be honest about it. If OTOH you really are hoping someone can help, it makes sense to listen to suggestions they offer, not throw them right back in their faces. That will probably just make you even angrier and alienate you from anyone who still has any good will left to extend to you. There's more than enough unhappiness in the world already without making the people around you miserable as well.
I already know you aren't supposed to scratch. I did it because I was touching it and rubbing it and it became itching. I am trying to figure out why the hell the skin is so dark compared to my original skin color because it's pissing me off and that's why it ended up getting itching. Sometimes it happens by accident that it rubs on something and becomes itching. But it feels like an orgasm when I scratch. I feel it in my chest and head, a good feeling that makes me scratch more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health