Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-22-2022, 11:29 AM

370 posts, read 505,056 times

Advertisements

Hello,

As I write this, not well. Things seem to be so out of control, and have no one to talk to. My best friend has horrific cancer that has spread everywhere - and she is young. She was the one I went out with to get away..and now I need to get away and just can't. I left a good paying job to a nightmare job and took on a second job to just barely get by. I work 7 days a week and financially still crumbling. I know it shall pass but lately a little worried for me..my animals keep me grounded but lately don't think that is enough. I am burned out and would love peace. If anyone is reading this, please send good energy to me.

Thank yo
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2022, 02:14 PM

4,725 posts, read 4,424,762 times
I don't frequent this forum but somehow decided to have a look today and saw your post. I'm so sorry for everything you are going through. You do sound like you have a good handle on things but things are just not going great for you at the present time... keep on keepin on because things will get better. I will be sending you positive energy.

Old 05-22-2022, 08:15 PM

4,295 posts, read 2,768,238 times
You are not alone and I will be praying for you. You sound like a very hard worker who deserves financial peace. Financial struggle can wreak havoc on physical and mental energy and I think unless someone has been there, they don't really realize the impact it can have on every aspect of one's life. I am very glad you have animals - they definitely will help keep you grounded. I don't know how people get through hardship without animals.

I know you have little to no spare time, but I hope you can try to eat healthy and rest when you can. Keep us posted on how you are feeling.

Old 05-22-2022, 08:36 PM

15,253 posts, read 12,974,454 times
OP, consider looking for a psychologist who has a sliding scale for payment. I have one who does video visits with me and it really helps to have someone other than my spouse to talk to.

I'm so sorry about your friend with cancer. Sometimes life is very unfair.

Old 05-26-2022, 10:05 AM

9,297 posts, read 4,586,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieLand09 View Post
Hello,

As I write this, not well. Things seem to be so out of control, and have no one to talk to. My best friend has horrific cancer that has spread everywhere - and she is young. She was the one I went out with to get away..and now I need to get away and just can't. I left a good paying job to a nightmare job and took on a second job to just barely get by. I work 7 days a week and financially still crumbling. I know it shall pass but lately a little worried for me..my animals keep me grounded but lately don't think that is enough. I am burned out and would love peace. If anyone is reading this, please send good energy to me.

Thank yo

I’m so sorry O.P. for what you’re going through. It sounds like you could use something more helpful than prayer or good energy. Do you have a good friend to talk to….or have you thought about seeing a therapist? Many are available for a minimal fee on apps BUT make sure you are seeing a legit & reputable therapist. Make sure they are licensed.

AND…there are many apps that just take a self help or guided approach too. Moodfit, Talkspace, Moodmission, Calm, Happify & many more. Good luck!

Old 06-01-2022, 12:02 AM

425 posts, read 191,872 times
Op you are in my prayers too. A suggestion is to find a support group, thru the hospital. Your friend is dying so that is a reason to join a grief support group. Or a support group at a church is even better but it sounds like you are drowning lacking time, money and support. So most of these suggestions won't help when you are hungry, been there, done that. Hang in there. These are my thoughts

1. Try food banks. don't necessary go to the ones in your town but call around to local towns and check those out. There are drive thru food banks within 30 min of our house which I hear, hands out a ton of food. They do not ask for ID, jsut your zip code. You can lie and provide a different address too. Check ahead what is required. Maybe visit 2-3 different food banks in different towns.

2. Go to small mom and pop stores, health food stores are great. Ask what they do with their old vegetables if you can have them for your chickens. Then cut off the brown part and only keep the good parts- free fresh vegetables.

3. Any job you have, if they provide a free lunch, that's a great bonus. I had a friend who worked at a bowling alley coffee shop. One meal provided plus she'd take any extra homemade soup home every other night. It was pretty healthy soup she ate alot of while working there. There were also some tips.

Ideas to save money. First one:

Get a different job- be a Paid Roommate - Paid to sleep. Craigslist sometimes has these openings, at least here in Calif. It's called supportive living with a developmentally disabled person. A Supportive Living Agency sometimes has these openings.you are their paid roommate paid to sleep. Just be in the house. It's almost always 10pm-6am or 11pm-7am you are required MON-FRI you are required to be there. Another staff comes in to assist the individual. You assist only in emergencies as most clients sleep fine at night.

My friend did this for 4 yrs-, She was expected to get client up at 6:45pm and ensure she went into the shower. A new staff arrived at 7am about when she was getting out of the shower then my friend would just go back to sleep. She snuck in a boyfriend at night- he'd climb thru her bedroom window around 8:30pm and stay the night until the afternoon the next day. He worked 1pm-8pm Mon-Fri. They'd stay in his RV on Saturdays and get a room on Sunday nights. They eventually got married and had a baby. Both saved money on housing this way so was able to accumulate a down payment for a house within about 4-5 years.

Again, you matter and it's hard to fathom, but this will pass. Hang in there

Client left about 9am to go to program and arrived back home about 3:20pm. It was then she had the house to herself. Client only paid $350 a month for rent in subsidized housing, this was 30% of her rent so my friend only paid half of that- about $200 a month for rent which included utilities. So her 29k a year income was about $25k per year. It was the best job she ever had, lowest stress job..she even worked 2 hrs under the table as a waitress from 11:30am-1:30pm Mon-Fri so was able to live off these few hours of work and save the other jobs income.

Old 06-05-2022, 12:26 PM

3,736 posts, read 2,566,784 times
DixieLand, praying for your peace of mind.. keep us posted on how things are progressing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health