Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2012, 07:49 PM

Location: where people are either too stupid to leave or too stuck to move
3,982 posts, read 6,688,188 times

Advertisements

no its great. try doing it 7 days a week, now thats a depressing
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2012, 07:52 PM

2,615 posts, read 5,400,554 times
Do yoga pants count?

Old 05-08-2012, 09:12 PM

14,539 posts, read 21,259,715 times
I sleep in tank tops and short shorts when its warm, thermals and tshirts when its cold. Unless I am going somewhere, I wear the same around in the house, when cold adding layers as needed. My furry family is perfectly fine with it and I hate having laundry full of clothes barely worn. If you have people coming and going in your home, maybe change, but if you don't, who is going to complain?

Old 05-09-2012, 12:06 AM

5,696 posts, read 19,144,742 times
No, not like what you describe. I work from home and can work in my jammies if I want. The truth is I did for a few days and then I started to feel odd about it. Made me feel unproductive for some reason. So now I get up, shower and get dressed. Even if I look like a bum I still feel better than wearing my jammies all day.

Old 05-09-2012, 08:44 AM

18,836 posts, read 37,364,053 times
That is different, when I worked from home, I had to get up at 6 am each day, shower, and get dressed. Otherwise, I was just not productive. I started "work" each day at 7am. I have to do that on days I just have to get stuff done around the house...otherwise, I just never get going

Old 05-10-2012, 07:06 PM

2,873 posts, read 5,851,886 times
I wear PJs just about 95% of the time. I'll get dressed if I have to go out (I've never gone to the store in them or anything) but otherwise it's PJs all the time. I mostly work from home, and I get just as much work done no matter what I'm wearing, so why bother?

Right now I'm wearing green flannel bottoms with polka dots and a yellow top with flowers. So I don't just wearing PJs...I wear terribly mismatched PJs.

Old 05-11-2012, 06:54 PM

20,936 posts, read 28,426,121 times
It's not bad to wear your Pj's all day long on a saturday or sunday. I do that from time to time. But when I was unemployed for 2 years I was doing that 7 days a week and that was depression. I have a job now so I only do the PJ thing on weekends. But with the weather getting warmer and sunny out I'd rather go to the beach than sit inside all day in my PJ's. I mostly do this in the fall and winter months. I never ever go out in public in my PJ's but I have seem women do it. I saw a woman one morning at a gas station with bunny slippers, pink flannel PJ's and a sweat shirt going to buy cigarettes. Now that's just lazy and sloppy to go out like that. I see young teens do it too. Don't people get dressed to go out anymore???

Old 06-06-2012, 10:47 PM

4,042 posts, read 3,529,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aptor hours View Post
Sometimes on Saturdays I stay home all day and play on the computer and stay in my PJ's. Is this bad? I work M-F so I like to give myself a break but I feel lazy and awful! I do go out back and play with the dog and run around If my husband and I go to lunch I shower and dress since I DO NOT GO OUT in PJ"s! Is this bad to stay home all day

Of course not! You work five days a week. Please remember that folks even take several months off of work, calling it a "sabbatical."

Everyone needs down time. It's important for physical and emotional/mental well-being. The PJs these days are often also called "loungers."

We are often slammed for time, so you bet I have a good selection of "loungers" in my closet. The tops are not PJ tops but casual blouses that I can wear into a store just by slipping my levis on, etc.

I do laundry and update my files, rest, read, and chat on phone and chat online with family, friends or associates online while in my loungers.

Old 06-07-2012, 06:44 AM

20,936 posts, read 28,426,121 times
In the summer months I wear capri length yoga pants and a T-shirt to bed. I get up everyday @6:30 am regardless if I am working that day or not because I make my husband and I breakfast and we eat together before he leaves for work. Then I hop in the shower, put on a pair of shorts and a t-shirt, do my hair and make up even if I am not going out or to work. On the days I work I have a white uniform (work in a school cafeteria), I come home and change back into shorts and a T shirt. In the winter I wear lounge pants from old navy but they can be worn out like sweat pants.I may wear those to run errands on the weekend or I'll wear them all day in the house. If I go out with friends or my husband then I get dressed in jeans or dress pants and a shirt/blouse.If I don't get up, shower get dresed, do my hair/makeup I feel lazy and not ready to tackle the day.

Old 06-09-2012, 09:12 AM

1,815 posts, read 3,167,465 times
I put on yoga pants and a t-shirt as soon as I get home from work every day and on the weekend I wear the same unless I have people over or when I go out.

I have seen people wearing pajama pants to the store, not frequently but probably moreso at Walmart where anything seems to go...to me that would be crossing the line, but if you are at home I say do whatever makes you comfortable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health